What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My card would read, "Did you forget you divorced her?" :laugh:

I called my wife "Dessert Hound," because of her sweet tooth. She loved chocolates... and diamonds and saphires... and fresh flowers every week. I had a crystal vase that I took to Patti Anne's Florist just about every week for Patty Anne to fill with something pretty. That didn't rally bother me... it was the diamonds and sapphires. :meh:

Oh, she liked the Dessert Hound nickname. She had to admit that it fit her.

CD
One thing I appreciate about MrsT - she has zero interest in jewelry. The sweet tooth, though... :whistling:

Yeah, we have one right up the road, and we usually get my folks their it's-not-a-Christmas-gift-just-a-thing-we're-giving-you-while-it-happens-to-be-Christmas-season gift. :laugh:

Really? Having heat this winter is more practical than a basket full of cookies and chocolates? :scratchhead:

CD
You can always put on more clothes, but I gotta HAVE THEM BISCUITS! :laugh:

I wish it was practical to send you peppers, as chipotles are in every supermarket here. They are a pantry staple in Texas.

CD

Aww that's a kind thing to say.

I discovered them in a spice shop in York ( England) a few years ago, and since have been searching for them as the flavor is so lovely and incomparable to anything else. I am glad to have found some now.

Saturday here so wife had a list, not much as we were going to my now fave butcher, halal as well. I repeated my order from 3 ? Weeks ago. Whole shoulder lamb cut into one inch chops. Whole eye fillet. Both came to $55 not bad 10x fillet steaks @$3 each. $25 for the lamb, cheap as chips. The meat is beautiful and hung just right.

Russ

Hmm... hate to say it but the contents could be bought for much much less. I'd never pay that for them. I suppose you are paying for the Harrods name and the basket itself. Does the price include shipping?

Many years ago I used to buy my Mum a hamper at Christmas. I'd buy the "basket" and then fill it with the stuff that I knew she liked.

The garden is still providing a steady stream of apples.

Hmm... hate to say it but the contents could be bought for much much less. I'd never pay that for them. I suppose you are paying for the Harrods name and the basket itself. Does the price include shipping?
Peter Johnson the founder of Park Hampers was a friend from Birkenhead. They did the top and bottom end hampers. The bottom end was the real cash cow. The punters would pay a weekly amount that was invested. After week 40 every penny was profit. Week 47 he would short term rent massive warehouses in B/head docks for buttons. Park would then buy a few million £ of stock paying immediately. Week 48 the Job Center would send him 500 unemployed people to pack the hampers that the would start dispatching using haulage companies.
From Birkenhead scally to multi millionaire Park Group founded by Peter Johnson moves most of its staff to Liverpool

Well, of course it could be bought for much less, but what's the fun in that?! :)

Seriously, everything in that hamper, I can buy at the international market an hour away. It won't be labeled "Harrod's," of course, but it'll all be British products, and I'd probably spend $50, if that.

But that's not really the point. It's nice to get things delivered, from far away places, no less, packed nicely for you, like a nice little treat for yourself, and I absolutely want that basket, and I want to see it sat beneath the tree as soon as we get that up.

It's the same reason we get a pre-packed picnic hamper from a nice shop when we're there. We could much more cheaply just go grab a loaf of bread, some salami, and some cheese from Tesco, but that lessens the overall experience. The presentation is a nice addition, and adds to the enjoyment of it all.

I hate doing things on the cheap when it's a special occasion. I grew up that way, because we didn't have much money, and my parents are naturally tight-fisted, so when we'd go somewhere like a county fair, we had to bring our own food from home, things like that. I always swore when I grew up, if I could afford it, I wouldn't be doing that to myself or my family. So...extravagant, overpriced hampers for all! :laugh:

And no, shipping was extra, but it was a flat rate, so there are some other items in that order as well. 😬

What type of deodorant do you use, arseole or ball ? Nb I just watched Leeds destroy Aston Villa in the premier league. I can't wait to see you newbies battered at Anfield.

It's already happened. Albeit I don't consider 4-3 being "battered".

I obtained two of these boxes, with a double chocolate parcel inside. One for the coming months, one for Christmas. Very much thanks to my loving husband 😍 I really don't like Dutch chocolate selection boxes, they are all based on nuts and coffee flavors while I love caramel & fruity flavors. So well done hubby .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom