What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russer mate this caused a big stink in the UK amount the fascists and Peta. Because the lamb is not labeled Halal the thought that the leg of NZ lamb they bought in Tesco for their Sunday lunch drove them bonkers. The dolts drowned their sorrows with 10 pints of larger and a Seekh Kebab made with halal meat.
More than 70% of New Zealand lamb imports to Britain are halal... but you wouldn't know it from the label

I know, I had a customer on the coast who employed halal butchers 20 years ago. It was Phoenix meats then but something else now. I only know you have to face Mecca when killing animals.?

Russ

Peter Johnson the founder of Park Hampers was a friend from Birkenhead. They did the top and bottom end hampers. The bottom end was the real cash cow. The punters would pay a weekly amount that was invested. After week 40 every penny was profit. Week 47 he would short term rent massive warehouses in B/head docks for buttons. Park would then buy a few million £ of stock paying immediately. Week 48 the Job Center would send him 500 unemployed people to pack the hampers that the would start dispatching using haulage companies.
From Birkenhead scally to multi millionaire Park Group founded by Peter Johnson moves most of its staff to Liverpool

We too have a Christmas club type called chrisco? The owner lives in a $5 million dollar mansion. We have never subscribed.

Russ

I can relate to that.

I overheard an employee of mine once explaining to someone that I wasn't tight. Just carefull.

Carefull as a crab's arseole!

Lol, one of my customers used to give staff a ham every Xmas, the boss ( owner) overheard a staff member say one year, not another bloody ham. He stopped it from then on. He had about 100 staff.

:shy: I had to order this too - just because it looks so pretty. Pansy (violet) petals, pistachios and black currants in dark chocolate.
suk_2.JPG

And these (little blocks of Belgian chocolate in unpredictable lots of 6; 14 flavors in total):

I know, I had a customer on the coast who employed halal butchers 20 years ago. It was Phoenix meats then but something else now. I only know you have to face Mecca when killing animals.?

Russ
It is the stunning of the animal or lack of before slaughter that causes controversy. In non Kashrut or Halal abattoirs in the UK a captive bolt gun shot into the brain is the common way to stun.

Lol, one of my customers used to give staff a ham every Xmas, the boss ( owner) overheard a staff member say one year, not another bloody ham. He stopped it from then on. He had about 100 staff.

I used to work for a computer software company, and the CEO gave everyone a Honey Baked Ham for xmas. I was one of the early employees. and we only had about 100 employees, but quickly grew to over 300. He bitched and moaned about the cost, but he kept doing it. Good guy.

The company was sold to a British company, but they were pretty cool. I was senior management, so I got to know them. Very laid back. They had no problem with 300-plus Honey Baked Hams for the employees.

30 years later, the core members of the company still get together at the former CEO's house for a "Reunion." I always set up a camera and lighting, and someone takes the picture, so I can be in it. In this case, it was the CEO's son, who I first met when he was a baby. Can you find me?

Best job I ever had.

_DSC65211500.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom