What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered some oranges from Florida yesterday. They'll get here sometime in December.

When MrsT's folks moved to Florida, it was among several orange groves, so they started the tradition of sending all their kids oranges every year around Christmas, and once they passed, we've continued ordering them from the same place, just as a way of kind of having their memory around every year.

We found out a few years ago...the other kids do the same thing. :)

Ordered some oranges from Florida yesterday. They'll get here sometime in December.

When MrsT's folks moved to Florida, it was among several orange groves, so they started the tradition of sending all their kids oranges every year around Christmas, and once they passed, we've continued ordering them from the same place, just as a way of kind of having their memory around every year.

How sad! After what Gov. Bush did to us during the Citrus Canker paranoia, I'll never buy Florida citrus nor citrus juices again! :mad: I got a good laugh when 4 hurricanes hit Florida in 2004, spreading cancker all over the state! :D

This time of year, both MrsT and I order things for each other for Christmas. That means, right now, we're both monitoring order shipments, so we can intercept each other's gifts, in case the box or the label belies the contents.

FedEx pulled in this morning.

"Hey, are you expecting something for me?"
"No, I don't thing so..."
"Me, neither. Hmmmm..."

I grabbed the box, and the first thing I looked at was that it was addressed to me. Ok, shouldn't me a gift for me if it's addressed to me. Must be a gift for MrsT.

Looked at the return address...Philly suburbs. I don't think I ordered anything from Philly, but who knows...?

Turned it over, saw a logo on the bottom, "Insomnia Cookies,". Ok, that sounds like cookies of some sort, but in this day and age, it might just be a quirky business name that has nothing to do with cookies. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Opened it up, like a bomb squad tech, found a purple box inside (my favorite color!), opened that, and...

Ok, so in this case, cookies mean cookies.

Found the note inside, it's from my employer, as a year-end thank you. Hmmm, that's very nice.

Contents are:

4 chocolate chunk cookies
1 each chocolate chocolate chunk, chocolate M&M, white chocolate macadamia, peanut butterscotch, snickerdoodle, sugar, oatmeal raisin, and sugar M&M.

This time of year, both MrsT and I order things for each other for Christmas. That means, right now, we're both monitoring order shipments, so we can intercept each other's gifts, in case the box or the label belies the contents.

FedEx pulled in this morning.

"Hey, are you expecting something for me?"
"No, I don't thing so..."
"Me, neither. Hmmmm..."

I grabbed the box, and the first thing I looked at was that it was addressed to me. Ok, shouldn't me a gift for me if it's addressed to me. Must be a gift for MrsT.

Looked at the return address...Philly suburbs. I don't think I ordered anything from Philly, but who knows...?

Turned it over, saw a logo on the bottom, "Insomnia Cookies,". Ok, that sounds like cookies of some sort, but in this day and age, it might just be a quirky business name that has nothing to do with cookies. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Opened it up, like a bomb squad tech, found a purple box inside (my favorite color!), opened that, and...

Ok, so in this case, cookies mean cookies.

Found the note inside, it's from my employer, as a year-end thank you. Hmmm, that's very nice.

Contents are:

4 chocolate chunk cookies
1 each chocolate chocolate chunk, chocolate M&M, white chocolate macadamia, peanut butterscotch, snickerdoodle, sugar, oatmeal raisin, and sugar M&M.

I wanna work where you work. LOL

My dad orders peanuts from Virginia every December. Unsalted for them, salted for me (well, not anymore), plus chocolate covered peanuts, and peanut brittle for himself. Those chocolate covered peanuts are as addictive as crack.

CD

My dad orders peanuts from Virginia every December. Unsalted for them, salted for me (well, not anymore), plus chocolate covered peanuts, and peanut brittle for himself. Those chocolate covered peanuts are as addictive as crack.

CD
I know I've mentioned my FIL a lot recently, it's the time of year, but that's one thing I picked from him. He'd traveled all around the country over the years and he knew all these foods to order.

Sterzing potato chips from Iowa, Revonah pretzels from Pennsylvania, Goo-Goo Clusters from Tennessee, things like that, and he always wanted to lay in a supply over the holidays.

Some Sunday in October, we'd be sitting around the house, drinking beer, eating salami, watching football, and he'd shout, "Doris! DORIS! We gotta order pretzels from Revonah! It's almost Christmas!" - the. Two minutes later, he'd shout, "And Goo-Goo Clusters! Better get those, too!" :laugh:

We weren't surprised at all when they started sending fruit to us. When they were still in NY, they used to send apples and maple syrup every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom