What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our table has flowers, which it normally does. These from family to my wife for Mother's Day.

Russ

Amaretto is enough for now. I took a taste and I think amaretto may also be used on desserts, like over ice cream or cheese cake, etc.

It can also be used as an ingredient in desserts. I use it in tiramisu, cheesecake and simple butter cookies. There's also another dessert we really like, but haven't made in a long time . You take a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slice of fresh mozzarella, press 1 side into pine nuts so they cover the bottom of the cheese. Melt some butter over medium to medium low heat in a nonstick saucepan. Place the cheese pine nut side down into the pan and cook until nuts are golden brown and toasty, and edges of cheese are starting to melt. Transfer the cheese slice to a plate with a spatula. Pour a good splash of amaretto into the pan with the butter and reduce until kind of syrupy. Pour over the cheese slice. Don't try and do more than a few at a time because they'll all start to melt at once and will get too melty if you do.

Amaretto is enough for now. I took a taste and I think amaretto may also be used on desserts, like over ice cream or cheese cake, etc.
I'll sometimes crumble amaretti cookies, then roll scooped ice cream in that, coating it, then sprinkling with a little amaretto. Easy.

Similarly, ill sometimes put a scoop of ice cream on a slice of pound cake that I've sprinkled with some amaretto.

I have found that a simple shot of amaretto in coffee does not pass as a good sweetener by itself. How much would work? I don't know. Would a 2nd sweetener help? I don't know what or if.

I have found that a simple shot of amaretto in coffee does not pass as a good sweetener by itself. How much would work? I don't know. Would a 2nd sweetener help? I don't know what or if.
My wife drinks amaretto in coffee fairly often, especially in cold weather, and she always adds sugar, but then she's a sweet freak. I never do.

It probably depends on whether you like sugar in a regular coffee, I don't. Not at all. On its own, though, I don't think Amaretto (while it is considered a "sweet" liqueur) is all that sweet, like sugary sweet.

Yes, if you like sugar in your coffee, you'll still need it when you add a liqueur.

When I make Irish coffee, I use white and brown sugar, as well as sweetened whipped cream in addition to the Bushmill's. Best way ever, and we discovered that in a little town in Italy in an Irish pub owned by an Italian man and Irish woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom