What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like sweet whipped cream on top.

The first time that my wife drank Irish coffee was in a restaurant in Poulton Le Fylde in Lancashire (1972). The cream was obviously at body temperature because she didn't realise that it was dripping out of both sides of her mouth onto her dress. I was in a lot of trouble for not telling her.

This is what too many Irish coffees look like (pardon the pic sticking to the glass in the frame):

I think the whiskey and the caffeine were battling it out, judging from the look in my eyes. That was at a bar in Kinsale in...2007.

My grocery list at the moment is somewhat short, except for some exotic stuff which I plan on ordering online.

Canadian Bacon
Coffee Creamer
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Mozzarella
Cheese, Swiss
Duck or Goose
Peppers, Anaheim
Juice, Lemon
Lamb, Stewing
Shrimp, Butterfly, Breaded
Sopressata
Tomatoes

Planned Online Purchases:

Abalone Steaks
Alligator, Tenderloin
Clams, Manila, in shells
Crab, Blue, Softshell (Hotel or Jumbo)
Crab, King, Legs
Elk, Medallions
Finger Limes
Mussels, New Zealand Green Lipped
Lobster, Spiny
Venison, Tenderloin

We went to a new to us "old fashioned butcher shop" today to pick up something Craig wanted for a meal he's cooking in the next week. He's going to post a picture of them. I went exploring while he was standing at the counter and found all kinds of goodies. I bought 2 things, but could have bought a bunch more. Whole lobes and portioned foie gras, whole and broken down duck, quail, game meats, speck, guanciale, some things we'll skip like frog legs, brains and sweet breads, some gorgeous produce, various other charceuterie, some European cheeses, gorgeous meats. What I came home with was caul fat, they had pork and lamb, and frozen porcini. I told Craig I could spend a half hour or more rummaging thru their freezers. Tiny place, but packed with stuff.

Last edited:
We got the same brand of Strawberrys yesterday..at the Chinese Market..
I wondered when I saw that giant strawberry in your hand. :laugh:

Have you ever used macaroni in a dessert custard? It's my fave growing up and even now. I made it last Sunday.

Russ
That would be a no. :headshake:

Giant strawbs are a thing not uncommon obviously.

😊My avatar pic also features one, not palm size, but pretty big.

Excited to try the new cheese sorts. In particular the Istrian (from the coastal and partly inland region of Istria) 'hard fullfat cowmilk cheese'.

Dimsi is a smoked cheese local version, love it.

Cottage grain cheese, lovely.

The cheddar slices are not remotely close the xxl Lidl Cheddar I meant, but kept at home and Lidl does not deliver🤷...will figure it out.

Strawbs and bluebs looking great.

So nice to get the groceries delivered.👏🍀 Not all are in the pic.

Giant strawbs are a thing not uncommon obviously.

😊My avatar pic also features one, not palm size, but pretty big.

Excited to try the new cheese sorts. In particular the Istrian (from the coastal and partly inland region of Istria) 'hard fullfat cowmilk cheese'.

Dimsi is a smoked cheese local version, love it.

Cottage grain cheese, lovely.

The cheddar slices are not remotely close the xxl Lidl Cheddar I meant, but kept at home and Lidl does not deliver🤷...will figure it out.

Strawbs and bluebs looking great.

So nice to get the groceries delivered.👏🍀 Not all are in the pic.

View attachment 63674

View attachment 63675

I see you have some cheddar in there. Got plans for that? :wink:

CD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom