What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You called it a "little" road trip. It looks like you two are planning to move to a bunker. ;-)
It's six hours, with plenty of places to stop on the way...and we'll have two coolers packed with food before we're done. She always packs food like we're going across Death Valley.

I'm guilty of that..comes with having had kids, I think...the problem is we don't consume it all and I have to put it all back when we get home..

It's six hours, with plenty of places to stop on the way...and we'll have two coolers packed with food before we're done. She always packs food like we're going across Death Valley.
I'm one to talk. When I had my family I would pack a picnic basket with goodies and we'd drive around looking at all the holiday decorations.

He moved out-of-state for his job and the kids and I stayed behind to get the house packed and sold. I cooked SO MUCH food for him for his road trip. The whole passenger seat was full.

I'd enlist the kids' help and we'd make him a goodies box to ship out every two weeks FULL of treats. I'd make him a mini-photo album of the kids to add to the box since he wasn't there so see them being silly.

When are you all going? And where, if that's not too personal?

I'm guilty of that..comes with having had kids, I think...the problem is we don't consume it all and I have to put it all back when we get home..
We don't have any kids. :laugh:

When are you all going? And where, if that's not too personal?
Leaving out Thursday morning, going to St. Louis area.

Cool. Get some pics for us, please.
I just put together "The List:"

ROADTRIP SNACKS:
Fruit gummies
Cherries
Cheese
Cheese spread
Crackers
Raw veggies (celery/carrot/tomatoes/radishes)
Pickles (sweet/dill)
Olives (green/black)
Meat mix (salami/ham/trail bologna)
Potato chips
Potato sticks
Munchos
Goldfish
Hot tea
Beer or prosecco or wine
Trail mix
Cookies (mixed)
Bottled water
Salad and dressing
Cheetos
Apples
Twizzlers

I just put together "The List:"

ROADTRIP SNACKS:
Fruit gummies
Cherries
Cheese
Cheese spread
Crackers
Raw veggies (celery/carrot/tomatoes/radishes)
Pickles (sweet/dill)
Olives (green/black)
Meat mix (salami/ham/trail bologna)
Potato chips
Potato sticks
Munchos
Goldfish
Hot tea
Beer or prosecco or wine
Trail mix
Cookies (mixed)
Bottled water
Salad and dressing
Cheetos
Apples
Twizzlers
:hyper::hyper: <--------Mr. and Mrs. Tasty bouncing off the walls. ;-)

I also need to add that we'll be bringing our own tea bags for the hotel, and we'll be bringing half-and-half as well. Can't count on the hotel to be fully stocked.

Oh, what the hell, we may as well just bring the 🤬 kettle while we're at it. We already have to bring a table fan.

I was just thinking I didn't even pack that much when traveling with DD as a first-time mom with a 3-month-old infant. :eek:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken. I have Some-timers. Aren't you like 54, 55 or so? How in the world can you eat all that salt and sugar? I would be in a coma if I tried that at my age! ;-0
I shall be 55 in...six weeks, more or less.

Moderation! :)

I was just thinking I didn't even pack that much when traveling with DD as a first-time mom with a 3-month-old infant. :eek:
Here's how this will play out:

Back seat full of snacks, we'll munch a little here and there while driving, and stop once at a rest area for a proper nosh of the goods.

We will consume approximately 10% of what we packed.

We'll put as much of the cold stuff as we can fit into the mini-fridge in the hotel room and have about two bites from that, because we'll be eating out every meal. The remainder will be stored in the downstairs fridge at her sister's. Because it's downstairs, no one will eat it.

The night before we head back, well remember that stuff is down there, go and look at it and determine..."Ick, that's no good any more!"

Then I'm off to the grocery store at 8PM (that's late for me, adjust accordingly to fit your schedule) to buy replacement food for the trip home.

When I was working I used to get calls for stuff I sold, wasn't uncommon for me to drive 3 hrs, drop something off, then turn around and drive home. With nothing eaten. Maybe up to 5 times a week.
Btw I love driving.

Russ

A couple of trouts. I wanted to go to the fishmonger, but they are ok also packaged. I think I’ll griddle them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom