What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Kroger today, and the strawberries actually smelled like strawberries, so I bought some. WhoHoo! Red all the way through and sweet. Strawberry season has begun!

CD

I've just finished picking for the season. I'll put good money on mine being better than store bought. They are just so sweet. I, well my wife will start breaking them down and prepping for spring in September.

Russ

I've just finished picking for the season. I'll put good money on mine being better than store bought. They are just so sweet. I, well my wife will start breaking them down and prepping for spring in September.

Russ

Home grown fruits and veggies are almost always better than store bought. I just don't have space for a huge garden, and most years, I am gone too much to take care of a high-maintenance garden.

CD

Home grown fruits and veggies are almost always better than store bought. I just don't have space for a huge garden, and most years, I am gone too much to take care of a high-maintenance garden.

CD

Yeah, i used to buy certain things from an organic shop, the carrots and apples were unbelievably good and tasty. I paid high prices but I will for quality. They went broke. I still havnt found one I can use with high quality foods.

Russ

Very ripe:

Suns out after 6 inches of rain. Think things are getting better? Bang a decent jolt and shake, another earthquake about 4.1?
What's next?!

Russ

We actually get earthquakes in Texas now. There is an argument between scientists and the oil industry whether Fracking is the reason. They are not big. I think the record was around 5 on the scale. Most are in the 3 to 4 range.

CD

We actually get earthquakes in Texas now. There is an argument between scientists and the oil industry whether Fracking is the reason. They are not big. I think the record was around 5 on the scale. Most are in the 3 to 4 range.

CD
I knew Cali had and stil do as well. Ours were 7.1 and 6.7 ten years ago, they were right doozies, 185 killed from memory?? The 7.1 at early hours morning frightened the beejesus out of my wife, I awoke with the sound of a train at full,noise below me with wife screaming and holding my arm. I said it's an earthquake, it will stop in a sec. It didn't, it went on for ages (30 secs) it really was scarey.

Russ

I knew Cali had and stil do as well. Ours were 7.1 and 6.7 ten years ago, they were right doozies, 185 killed from memory?? The 7.1 at early hours morning frightened the beejesus out of my wife, I awoke with the sound of a train at full,noise below me with wife screaming and holding my arm. I said it's an earthquake, it will stop in a sec. It didn't, it went on for ages (30 secs) it really was scarey.

Russ

Oh yeah, California sits on multiple major fault lines. They are past due for another "big one."

CD

My grocery shopping list has gotten big enough that I have broken it down into categories. I don't expect to get everything all at once, but I needed to list what I want for future and current projects.

Berries:

Blueberries
Grapes, Green
Raspberries
Strawberries

Beverage:

Coffee
Juice, Various (Definitely Orange Juice)
Kahlua

Dairy:

Cheese, Brie
Cheese, Cottage
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Havarti
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cheese, Provolone
Cheese, Swiss
Eggs
Half n Half
Heavy Whipping Cream
Ice Cream, (Toffee, Swiss Almond, Coffee)
Yogurt, Vanilla

Fruit:

Apples
Bananas
Figs
Kiwi Fruit
Oranges
Peaches or Nectarines
Pears, Bartlet or Anjou
Tomatoes

Grain:

Bread, Wheat
Bread, Rye
Japanese Sushi Grade Rice
Rolls/Buns Ciabatta
Tortillas

Meat:

Beef, Prime Rib
Canadian Bacon
Duck or Goose
Lamb, Stewing
Pastrami
Pepperoni
Pork Sausage or Ground Pork
Prawns with Heads on (whole)
Prosciutto
Sausage, Bratwurst
Shrimp, Butterfly, Breaded
Sopresatta Salami
Tuna, Bluefin, Belly Meat
Turkey Breast

Sauces and Oils:

Pesto, Sun Dried Tomato
Vinegar, Malt

Snacks:

Potato Chips, Jalapeno
Tortilla Chips, Blue Corn

Vegetables:

Beans, Lima, Large, Dry
Brussel Sprouts
Cucumber
Ginger, Pickled
Horse Radish, Whole
Lettuce, Iceberg
Onions, White
Onions, Yellow
Peas, Snow
Peppers, Anaheim
Peppers, Serrano
Radishes
Scallions

Specialty Items:

Mirugai (Giant Pacific Geoduck Clam)
Miso Soup Paste
Nori (Seaweed) Sheets
Tobiko (Flying Fish) Roe
Tofu
Udon Noodles
Uni (if I can find it)
Wasabi Paste or Powder

Exotic or Online Food Items:

Alligator, Tenderloin
Elk, Medallions
Finger Limes
Frog Legs
Lobster, Spiny (Caribbean or Australian)
Mussels, New Zealand Green Lipped
Oysters, Miyagi, Westcott, Wellfleet or Bluepoint
Pheasant
Venison, Tenderloin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom