What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn't buy it, but found something today when I was looking in the freezer for chicken livers for dirty rice tonight. Found a big ball of mizithra. Thought I had used it all and was going to have to use pecorino and/or ricotta salata for our moussaka. I'm happy.

Quick shopping trip to get half-and-half, and I ended up with this:

...and these were 2-for-1, so I'm good for pork chops for a while:
View attachment 65369

Looking at the price and translating pounds to kilos and dollars to sterling it looks like these are about twice the price as in the UK. Although if you got two for one then they work out about the same.

Looking at the price and translating pounds to kilos and dollars to sterling it looks like these are about twice the price as in the UK. Although if you got two for one then they work out about the same.

Meat prices, especially pork and chicken, have been very unstable over the last year, mostly due to Covid-19. Several BIG pork processing factories were closed down due to Covid outbreaks in the factories. The supply has still not caught up to the demand, but hopefully will as the year goes on.

CD

About an hour after my box of goodies arrived from Hotel Chocolat this morning an identical box arrived by the same postman. I checked my HC account and I had only ordered one, I checked my Visa account and I had only been charged for one. So I called customer service and he was perplexed, their computer showed me only ordering one, but the system had generated two packing lists and two despatch instructions. He has gone away to investigate and they will get back to me.
I expect they will tell me to keep it as it will cost them to have it collected and they can't resell the chocolate now it has been out of their control... fingers crossed... free chocolate and gin!!!!!

About an hour after my box of goodies arrived from Hotel Chocolat this morning an identical box arrived by the same postman. I checked my HC account and I had only ordered one, I checked my Visa account and I had only been charged for one. So I called customer service and he was perplexed, their computer showed me only ordering one, but the system had generated two packing lists and two despatch instructions. He has gone away to investigate and they will get back to me.
I expect they will tell me to keep it as it will cost them to have it collected and they can't resell the chocolate now it has been out of their control... fingers crossed... free chocolate and gin!!!!!

I would have said nothing if I hadn't been charged.

Gotta stay healthy:

I'm glad those chili-mango chips/crisps are a limited run. After trying one (and yes, of those, it's definitely possible to eat just one), I can confirm that I would not want to live in a world where those exist year-round:

I was shocked to find I was bereft of pickles, so I had to stock up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom