What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some French things.

Dijon mustard, lavender honey from the Provence, rilletes de canard and elephant ear biscuits.

Never mind ... I looked it up:
Ingredients. Tomatoes, malt vinegar (from barley), molasses, glucose-fructose syrup, spirit vinegar, sugar, dates modified cornflour, rye flour, salt, spices, flavoring, tamarind.Contains: Gluten Barley and Rye.
Meh, no thanks, I really do not care for the taste of tamarind. This sounds like A-1 Sauce in the US, which I don't care for.

Never mind ... I looked it up:
Ingredients. Tomatoes, malt vinegar (from barley), molasses, glucose-fructose syrup, spirit vinegar, sugar, dates modified cornflour, rye flour, salt, spices, flavoring, tamarind.Contains: Gluten Barley and Rye.
Meh, no thanks, I really do not care for the taste of tamarind. This sounds like A-1 Sauce in the US, which I don't care for.
It’s fruitier than A1. A1 is a little more vinegary.

If you would, post a pic when you cut one open.
They are full of juice to the point where cutting it open needs to be done over a bowl. They are jammed packed with pulp and seeds. Lovely and yellow with plenty of flesh over the seeds... I did weigh one, and the contents came in over 60g. I'll try to remember for you tomorrow, but its easier to treat it like a soft boiled egg, take the top off and then scoop out the inners into a bowl.

They are full of juice to the point where cutting it open needs to be done over a bowl. They are jammed packed with pulp and seeds. Lovely and yellow with plenty of flesh over the seeds... I did weigh one, and the contents came in over 60g. I'll try to remember for you tomorrow, but its easier to treat it like a soft boiled egg, take the top off and then scoop out the inners into a bowl.

I usually cut them in half and just scoop out the innards with a teaspoon. These are the ones that are available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom