What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm fennel. I love it but for some reason thought you didn't. What you going to do with it TastyReuben?
I do like fennel, I usually use it in salads. I don’t quite know what I’m going to do with it yet. Same with the beets, though they’re small, so perfect for pickling with some eggs.

I do like fennel, I usually use it in salads. I don’t quite know what I’m going to do with it yet. Same with the beets, though they’re small, so perfect for pickling with some eggs.

That's not like you! I thought all menus were planned ahead.

The reason I thought you didn't like fennel is because it has an aniseed taste and I could have sworn there was some other ingredient with that taste you mentioned not liking. Fennel is good braised. I did this not long ago: Savoy cabbage with fennel, rosemary and beans

That's not like you! I thought all menus were planned ahead.
Well, I'm an enigma wrapped inside a riddle bound up in a puzzle slowly basted in a mystery...

Seriously, though, since I never know what the organic farm is going to be selling in their stand, it's the one place where if I see something that looks good, I'll buy it, because I know if I come back for it two days later, it'll be sold out.

The reason I thought you didn't like fennel is because it has an aniseed taste and I could have sworn there was some other ingredient with that taste you mentioned not liking.
I'm betting that's tarragon. I don't care much for that.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: I'm using at least some of those beets to make picked beets and eggs (which I've posted here before), and I did search through and found several fennel recipes that looked good, so I saved those off (maybe, sort of, I don't know, they're probably in some WW black hole of missing recipes now), so now I've got those items more or less accounted for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this online.
I got two boxes from Hawaii today...

IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG

500 individual Soy Sauce packets, I think that should last us a while :happy:
I keep these in my purse for when we go to Asian restaurants, this is the only brand of Shoyu that we like.

IMG_1880.JPG

Got six "sleeves" of this sweet crackers, love them!

I went to the international market for two things, peaches and tea:

That can of tomatoes was $2.50US, so I got four, and that little 187ml bottle of bubbly was $2, so I got four of those.

To be…

I do prefer Nectarines over Peaches TastyReuben
To me, they’re so similar as to be the same, except one is smooth and one is fuzzy.

I was getting them for MrsT, and she’s a little more discerning, as I said, “The peaches were hard and had no smell, but the nectarines smelled great and had a little give, so I got those instead.”

“Not the same thing. You can have them.”

:laugh:

To me, they’re so similar as to be the same, except one is smooth and one is fuzzy.

I was getting them for MrsT, and she’s a little more discerning, as I said, “The peaches were hard and had no smell, but the nectarines smelled great and had a little give, so I got those instead.”

“Not the same thing. You can’t have them.”

:laugh:

Good, ripe peaches are hard to find. The ones in the store are usually hard as rocks, and have no juice inside. I miss the peach tree I had in my backyard at my last house. They were so juicy, you had to eat them outside -- or in the bathtub. :laugh:

CD

They were so juicy, you had to eat them outside -- or in the bathtub. :laugh:
That’s one of my dad’s favorite sayings when talking about anything messy:

“Lord, a feller oughta jus’ strip off nekkid an’ set in the bathtub to eat this!” :laugh:

I’ve gotten good peaches once this year, made pie filling, and forgot about it and it sat out half the day and all night.

I also got some of the best plums last week, and those are also hard to get ripe and juicy. They’re just about my favorite fruit, maybe.

…continued:

View attachment 88101

View attachment 88102
View attachment 88103

Peaches didn’t thrill me, so I got the pleasantly fragrant nectarines instead.
That speculaas is very recommended, my favorite biscuit! Not this brand, but speculaas is my alltime favorite. The Jules Destrooper biscuits are good too.
As for Pickwick tea, I hope you like it. I only drink it if I have to, it's what you get in hospital, prison, and other institutions here. If I'd have known it was available for sale there, I'd have warned you lol :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom