What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I bought those purely because they were pretty! I have no idea what I’ll do with them.
I like to stuff them with some sort of Seafood Salad and have them as a little lunch with a Green Salad or as an appetizer ... and I just noticed that you did buy the Aidell Sausage...

I like to stuff them with some sort of Seafood Salad and have them as a little lunch with a Green Salad or as an appetizer ... and I just noticed that you did buy the Aidell Sausage...
I’ll likely make some little cream cheese poppers. I was looking at recipes earlier. I may also grill some.

That's what I read on the packet that TastyReuben posted up, hence my question. It's new to me as well.
Well, we have seedless watermelon and seedless grapes (which ultra-picky MrsT will tell you are absolutely not seedless, as she spits minuscule underdeveloped near-seeds out onto her plate), so we may as well have seedless peppers.

I’ll cut one open soon and we’ll solve the mystery.

Well, we have seedless watermelon and seedless grapes (which ultra-picky MrsT will tell you are absolutely not seedless, as she spits minuscule underdeveloped near-seeds out onto her plate), so we may as well have seedless peppers.

I’ll cut one open soon and we’ll solve the mystery.
Seedless watermelon?

I’ll likely make some little cream cheese poppers. I was looking at recipes earlier. I may also grill some.
Grilled along with other vegetables and a Steak is a lovely supper! I buy Mini Sweet Bell Peppers all the time, but never saw seedless. I'd say that the ones that I get have very few seeds, same as the "seedless" watermelon, very few.

THIS is my new favorite ready-made condiment I think. Frickin' delish. Can't wait to make some stuff with it, but for lunch, lumpia made a great vehicle to get it in my face.

No preservatives, vegan, gluten free, spicy, umami packed, crispy & crunchy.

THIS is my new favorite ready-made condiment I think. Frickin' delish. Can't wait to make some stuff with it, but for lunch, lumpia made a great vehicle to get it in my face.

No preservatives, vegan, gluten free, spicy, umami packed, crispy & crunchy.

View attachment 87688View attachment 87689View attachment 87690

Interesting - I looked up the ingredients: Garlic, chilis, onion powder, mushroom powder, salt, celery salt, grapeseed oil

What strikes me as unusual is that mushroom powder (which is an umami thing). I will have to try making something similar...

Interesting - I looked up the ingredients: Garlic, chilis, onion powder, mushroom powder, salt, celery salt, grapeseed oil

What strikes me as unusual is that mushroom powder (which is an umami thing). I will have to try making something similar...
It's basically the same crispy chilli oil as I had posted earlier in this thread. It's quite good and popular for a reason.

Yeah, it's def for the umami factor, and while I've made/tried TONS of different chili & garlic oils, this is by far the best I've had.
I imagine it'd be pretty easy to do, including with the mushroom powder. I imagine some dried asian mushrooms of some kind like a shiitake then spun up into a powder to bloom in the oil would do.
The chili & garlic part is pretty easy, but this is so well balanced. The garlic hsa been fried to just past golden, but not to the point of bitter and the chilis are spicy but not lethally so, and full of flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom