What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife brought this pork loin home from the afternoon market yesterday.

I cut it, vacuum packed it and it's currently in the sous vide for a couple of hours (at 60°C).

4 slices were frozen after sous vide cooking and two slices were "scored" and marinated in char siu sauce mix. One of the marinated slices was frozen in some of the sauce whilst the other was left in the fridge for my tea today.

Candy coma over here 😄 no seriously, this will last a long time. But it's a lot of candy.

A lot of typical Dutch candy too, so it might not be familiar for everyone here. You see: sour bananas, salty bananas, chilli bananas ( the banana is just the shape not the flavor), fruit pastilles, wine balls , vanilla puffs, super salty skulls, lipstick bubblegum and fruit bubblegum

Candy coma over here 😄 no seriously, this will last a long time. But it's a lot of candy.
View attachment 87407
A lot of typical Dutch candy too, so it might not be familiar for everyone here. You see: sour bananas, salty bananas, chilli bananas ( the banana is just the shape not the flavor), fruit pastilles, wine balls , vanilla puffs, super salty skulls, lipstick bubblegum and fruit bubblegum
That bag of multi-colored treats, with the little banana-shaped things (fruit pastilles?) - I don’t know if they’re the same, but we have a similar-looking thing here, and I love them.

They’re kind of powdery/chalky to bite into, and the little bananas are my favorite. I much prefer artificial banana flavoring to the real thing! :laugh:

That bag of multi-colored treats, with the little banana-shaped things (fruit pastilles?) - I don’t know if they’re the same, but we have a similar-looking thing here, and I love them.

They’re kind of powdery/chalky to bite into, and the little bananas are my favorite. I much prefer artificial banana flavoring to the real thing! :laugh:
Yess those sound exactly the same! My favorite are the mini bananas too ❤️

View attachment 87407

I'm shocked! :laugh: I thought you were doing the WW diet. Which ones are fruit pastilles?

I'm shocked! :laugh: I thought you were doing the WW diet. Which ones are fruit pastilles?
Well yeah, and I told you WW allows you to eat unhealthy foods in moderation, which is why it works for me.. do I have to keep repeating this? 😘 I am not going to eat all this in a day.. :laugh:

The fruit pastilles are the mini fruit shaped candies second from right .

By the way if I did eat all this in a day, well, that would not likely result in weight gain given how sick I would be :laugh:

Well yeah, and I told you WW allows you to eat unhealthy foods in moderation, which is why it works for me.. do I have to keep repeating this? 😘 I am not going to eat all this in a day.. :laugh:

Yes you did - I was simply surprised by the amount. Sorry! As you said its not all in one day. Its great if you can enjoy those things and still lose weight.

Different from the UK type which I quite liked until they changed the recipe to 'vegan friendly' and now they are very sticky/gummy in an unpleasant way.

View attachment 87411
Here, what Windigo calls fruit pastilles are called generically by their brand name, Runts. There are other brand names as well, but that’s the one we all use around where I live.

Here, what Windigo calls fruit pastilles are called genetically by their brand name, Runts. There are other brand names as well, but that’s the one we all use around where I live.
I am not sure about which brand they are, around here they are sold in traditional candy stores in jars. We call them hard fruit ( that means the same as its translation) but I thought using pastilles made it easier to understand what they really are because they are chalky sweet hard candies, but not like what Morning Glory mentioned which is different from this.

TastyReuben described them better than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom