What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the international market:

Assortment of Tayto crisps
Assortment of Walkers crisps
More crisps
PG Tips tea
PG Tips decaf tea
Bigga dried peas
Blueberry Cheerios
Trix cereal
More tea
Crisco Blends oil
Green olives
Black olives
German mustard (sweet, grainy)
White cornmeal
Red wine vinegar
Tiptree Black Currant jam
Salad cream
German sauerkraut
Fruit gummies
Wild rice
Whole milk
Half-and-half
Eggs
Standing rib roast
Caramel/Toffee apple
Baguette
Red velvet cake
Tomatoes
Cauliflower
Garlic
Basil
Blueberries
Oranges
Gruyere

...and a few things I can't decipher from the receipt.
I fully expect you to use all of these together in a recipe for the Recipe Challenge. Definitely a sweet-and-savory combo recipe.

Yesterday I picked up my curbside grocery order. I bought a lot of things, but the produce items were: seedless cucumber, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, red leaf lettuce, red onion, yellow onion, horseradish root, red radishes, potatoes, grape tomatoes, and vine ripe tomatoes.

Yesterday I picked up my curbside grocery order. I bought a lot of things, but the produce items were: seedless cucumber, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, red leaf lettuce, red onion, yellow onion, horseradish root, red radishes, potatoes, grape tomatoes, and vine ripe tomatoes.
Since we're both in Ohio...where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping, Kroger?

Do you ever go to Marc's? I think there's one in your area. We have one not too far from us, though I'd discovered it only last year or so, and I really like it, though their produce department is a bit on the thin side.

I have been to Marc's and their prices are good, but I haven't been since COVID-19 as they do not offer curbside service. We don't have Kroger in Akron. We have Giant Eagle and they have free curbside service. We also have Aldi and Acme Fresh Market, but they do not offer free curbside so I do not use them. If i only need a few produce and cheese items, there is a farmer's market down the street that allows customers to pay over the phone and pickup in the parking lot with no minimum $ order. Giant Eagle has a minimum order of $35 to use the service.

Looks interesting? Contents please, I've never heard of them!

There are a few different fillings revolving around mung beans, gourd, taro and egg. The one above contains mung beans gourd and egg.

We went into town to the indoor market yesterday, for the first time in two months. They were operating a strict policy of only fifty people allowed in. The whole shopping experience was completely different. Instead of the usual hustle and bustle there was calm, hardly any queues, and stall holders being happy to stop and chat instead of rushing from one customer to the next. Talking to both our butcher and fishmonger it seems that trade has been pretty steady, but with a far bigger proportion of home deliveries. It was great to see that they are doing well, and a very pleasant shopping experience.

I went to Kroger today, and they had back ribs on a BOGO sale. So, I got two racks for 12-bucks. :smug:

I think I'll smoke one rack on Monday for the Memorial Day Holiday.

CD

Update: Rain and T-storms are forecast for Monday. I'll have to make a way to get my grill/smoker under cover. If I can get a couple hours of smoke on them, I can always finish cooking them in the oven.

I bought ingredients for my cajun-style potato salad yesterday for a side to the ribs.

CD

Nothing bought here, beef mince dish with potato Pom poms on top. With cheesy fresh bread. Was a winterise dish, but we made it from the freezer. Chicken breasts will be bought tomorrow for Thai red curry.

Russ

Ciao a tutti,
Ordered 2kilo Cavallo, 3kilo Vitello di rosa, and 2kilo Italian Bufalo striploin yesterday I get from company name Kezie. They no to expensive and deliver. Some of the meats they sell very hard for find.
I get Vitello di rosa so I make Vitello Milanese, the Cavallo I make very special Ragu an Bufalo Ray will make on BBQ, Ray marinade with Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce this I like very much.

Sarana x

The place I get black truffles and caviar from is offering cryovaced, Iberico baby back ribs. I'm sorely tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom