What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciao MG,

Si Maria my daughter point me to them. I suppose many have issue with Cavallo or Vitello but site say all humane and is sustainable.

Sarana x

Yes - it states the veal is produced in Denmark in humane conditions. Its better than shooting the calves at birth...

Yes - it states the veal is produced in Denmark in humane conditions. Its better than shooting the calves at birth...
Not entirely sure that I'd trust any meat from Denmark. They don't have a very good reputation for humane conditions when it comes to pigs. British rose veal is very good, and it uses up the otherwise surplus bull calves from dairy herds.

Not entirely sure that I'd trust any meat from Denmark. They don't have a very good reputation for humane conditions when it comes to pigs. British rose veal is very good, and it uses up the otherwise surplus bull calves from dairy herds.

My mistake - it states Netherlands:

Our Rose Veal meat is sourced direct from the Netherlands
Ethically reared in large straw barns

Today I had notification from my Western food supplier. New on his list is Australian Wagyu Topside, c. 1.20 kg joints at ฿450.00/kg (£11.50). If it was November/December I would be seriously tempted but it's 36°C here at present and my wife doesn't eat beef.

In addition to my cookie haul yesterday, I stopped at Kroger and got:

Romano wedge
OJ
Parsley (the last I'll have to buy for a while)
Broccoli
Pringles
Kosher Dills
Twinings decaf Irish Breakfast Tea
Garbanzo beans
Ketchup
Sliced almonds
Raisin Bran
Craisins
Tahini
Pita bread
Eggs
Frozen veg

This throws off my whole shopping routine. I had to go because I was out of eggs, so I grabbed the other stuff on my running list, but I'll still have to go back on Wednesday for dog food, at least.

Is there a reason you choose decaf?
Yeah, MrsTasty has a caffeine sensitivity, her heart doc told her to cut it out of her diet as much as possible. I also generally switch to decaf after about 3PM.

I got that at my local Kroger, and had a coupon as well, so I paid about $2 for a standard 20-bag box. I got it mainly because it was so cheap, and as a backup for when she runs out of her preferred decaf, PG Tips. We can't get that at Kroger (though we can get regular PG Tips) - we have to go to the international market an hour away for that, so we stock up when we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom