What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way back from a doc's appointment, we stopped for peaches and cream cheese. Since MrsTasty went in with me, we also came out with pretzels, cheese popcorn, tortilla chips, in-store salsa, in-store guacamole, a slice of cake, and Pop-Tarts.

On the way back from a doc's appointment, we stopped for peaches and cream cheese. Since MrsTasty went in with me, we also came out with pretzels, cheese popcorn, tortilla chips, in-store salsa, in-store guacamole, a slice of cake, and Pop-Tarts.

My ex-wife drove me nuts by wandering around clothing stores aimlessly. I got even by walking around home improvement stores aimlessly.

CD

My ex-wife drove me nuts by wandering around clothing stores aimlessly. I got even by walking around home improvement stores aimlessly.

CD

My wife still does it, I wait in the car with sudoku book. It drives me mad too.!!
A woman thing, I'll just be 5 mins, 45 mins later......you never guess who I ran into. That happened a few hrs ago.

Russ

Back in the days when we could shop aimlessly for hours, I had no problem doing that, but I've always been a solo shopper. I don't have any patience standing around watching someone else shop.

MrsTasty wants me/someone to shop with her. Always. And it's torture. She can't make a decision, everything she picks out has one thing about it she doesn't like, she'll try stuff on, over and over, finally make her selections, walk around, look at other stuff, then put everything back.

Honest to god, she can't even shop for cough drops without turning it into an ordeal. She'll read the back of every pack of cough drops, trying to figure out if the cherry-menthol will be better for her than the menthol-cherry.

I'm an in and out shopper, except for groceries, I know what I want, grab it and out of the store. Yes I paid for it. Can't stand shopping malls. There are some strange looking folks in them though! :whistling:

That is the one good thing about going to Walmart - it's Grand Central Station for people-watching.

The funniest one I've ever seen was a woman who'd just come out of the Walmart hair salon, and she wanted to protect her new 'do, so she did what anyone would do - she got a plastic Walmart shopping bag and put it over her head, looping the handles around her ears.

The most disgusting thing was stopping at Walmart on my way home from picking up my new car. My folks drove us up so MrsTasty and I could ramble back in one car.

We pulled into Walmart for I don't know what, and my wife opened her door, but didn't quite step out, she was straightening up in the visor mirror, and we both suddenly caught this sour, hot stink. She looked down, and right outside the car door...a huge pile of human 💩. It looked very, very fresh.

When I got home, I posted about it on the car forum I belonged to, thinking, "You're not going to believe this...," and it turns out, finding poop in a Walmart parking lot isn't that unusual. Several people had stories, and I think one guy even directed me to a website dedicated to Walmart droppings.

Went to Kroger today for a just a couple of things I missed. I was so preoccupied, using their scan-and-go app, that I didn't remember to bag my purchases. I walked out of the store with this, tossed it in the back seat, not realizing I'd committed grand theft basket until I got home.

Fresh produce/ingredients for this weeks cooking/eating. The tomatoes are sub-par but it's to be expected.
I'm excited about fresh basil/thyme.

Whole chicken in the crock pot for lemon crock pot chicken a'la JASOH

That is the one good thing about going to Walmart - it's Grand Central Station for people-watching.

The funniest one I've ever seen was a woman who'd just come out of the Walmart hair salon, and she wanted to protect her new 'do, so she did what anyone would do - she got a plastic Walmart shopping bag and put it over her head, looping the handles around her ears.

The most disgusting thing was stopping at Walmart on my way home from picking up my new car. My folks drove us up so MrsTasty and I could ramble back in one car.

We pulled into Walmart for I don't know what, and my wife opened her door, but didn't quite step out, she was straightening up in the visor mirror, and we both suddenly caught this sour, hot stink. She looked down, and right outside the car door...a huge pile of human 💩. It looked very, very fresh.

When I got home, I posted about it on the car forum I belonged to, thinking, "You're not going to believe this...," and it turns out, finding poop in a Walmart parking lot isn't that unusual. Several people had stories, and I think one guy even directed me to a website dedicated to Walmart droppings.

One of the few times I went to Wally World, we were in line and two women, with kids in tow, were checking out. It was the time of month when the government entitlement checks/EBT cards had been delivered. Tax payer money given to those that don't work for it. Well these women had two full carts which the total amount was several hundred dollars more than they actually had. So they start handing back goods to delete from the total, while everyone behind them in line had to wait. The management could have opened another line, but no. Not to mention that the kids were running around unattended.

One of the few times I went to Wally World, we were in line and two women, with kids in tow, were checking out. It was the time of month when the government entitlement checks/EBT cards had been delivered. Tax payer money given to those that don't work for it. Well these women had two full carts which the total amount was several hundred dollars more than they actually had. So they start handing back goods to delete from the total, while everyone behind them in line had to wait. The management could have opened another line, but no. Not to mention that the kids were running around unattended.

Most SNAP recipients DO work, but either don't get paid enough, or they work in unstable jobs where they never know when or how much they will be scheduled to work. The largest group of people using SNAP are Walmart and Amazon workers.

So, there is a good chance that that family in front of you holding up the line at Walmart, using their "entitlements," actually worked for Walmart.

But, god forbid we raise the minimum wage in the US, so people could earn enough to pay for their own food.

CD

My biggest problem with Walmart, just on a shopping level, is that their stores are always in such disarray. Clothes on the floor, overflowing trash cans, and even the areas that are picked up, it's so unattractively displayed, it talks me out of buying anything but the bare necessities that I came for.

My biggest problem with Walmart, just on a shopping level, is that their stores are always in such disarray. Clothes on the floor, overflowing trash cans, and even the areas that are picked up, it's so unattractively displayed, it talks me out of buying anything but the bare necessities that I came for.

When I go to Walmart near me, I go knowing exactly what I want, generally that I can't get at stores I prefer. I get in, get my stuff, and get out -- mostly. Exception: I do sometimes make a quick pass through the beef area of the meat department. I actually find some good steaks there on occasion. They offer USDA Choice steaks, and I sometimes find a very finely marbled one.

CD

When I go to Walmart near me, I go knowing exactly what I want, generally that I can't get at stores I prefer. I get in, get my stuff, and get out -- mostly. Exception: I do sometimes make a quick pass through the beef area of the meat department. I actually find some good steaks there on occasion. They offer USDA Choice steaks, and I sometimes find a very finely marbled one.

CD
That's how I am. Before the pandemic, Walmart was my absolute last choice, even after online ordering. I'd gladly drive 30 miles to the closest Target or Meijer if I needed something from a bargain department store.

Since the pandemic, though, I've been going there more, since it's the only department store in town, and the only other mainstream grocery store. If Kroger doesn't have something, I try ALDI in town, and if they don't, then off to Walmart if it's something I have to have.

Another Walmart story: when we moved here in 2004, our Walmart was the biggest one in the state or the country, I can't remember, but it wasn't that old, and our realtor, nice as she was, couldn't shut up about "the big Walmart you're gonna have!"

We settled in, few days later, made our way there, and one of the things we needed to buy was some lunchmeat from the deli.

Went to the counter, and the woman working the deli was putting raw whole chickens in one of those big rotating roaster ovens - no gloves, just grabbing slimy, wet raw chickens and loading the contraption.

She saw us, said to give her a minute, she finished up, then asked us what we wanted, and I asked for some lunchmeat, and she walked over to the case, never washed her hands, moved a couple of things out of the way, grabbed the ham or bologna or whatever it was, went to the slicer, sliced it into her hand, wrapped it, and then handed it to me, and headed back to the chicken station.

I walked that right over to customer service, handed it to the woman there, told her what happened, and I've never purchased anything there since that wasn't already prepackaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom