What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, this is not the place for this kind of discussion. I don't see a point in a new thread. It would be facts vs ideology. So, in spite of our political differences, I'll just say I admire Craig's cooking skills (and envy his BGE). If he invited me over for BBQ and beers, we would probably argue at some point, but I'm pretty sure the BBQ would be good.

CD

We no longer speak of politics in this house.

Same here, daughter is a teacher and brainwashed IMHO at teachers college. All far left views. Not the rest of the house. So we don't discuss it. One thing is on election night she always rings and says I cancelled your vote,lmao.

Russ
MrsTasty and I are largely in agreement on political issues, and I still don't want to talk about them. :laugh:

In any given election, I know who I'm voting for well before the election. I don't need to talk about it. :)

Oh, it's not just voting. We no longer speak about anything politics related.
I think for me, I just know my mind, whether it's voting or issues, and I'm fairly certain no one's going to change it, nor do I need to hear my own opinions echoed back, so political discussions just feel rather pointless.

I've certainly altered my views a bit over time, but that's come more from self-reflection and my own research, and even then, has just been a tweaking of my views, not completely flipping from one side to the other.

I think for me, I just know my mind, whether it's voting or issues, and I'm fairly certain no one's going to change it, nor do I need to hear my own opinions echoed back, so political discussions just feel rather pointless.

I've certainly altered my views a bit over time, but that's come more from self-reflection and my own research, and even then, has just been a tweaking of my views, not completely flipping from one side to the other.

I grew up in a labour voting family 3 generations long. When I first went to vote my mother said you have to vote labour. We are labour people. I followed her advice until I entered the real world of owning my own company. My nana would turn in her grave if she knew who I vote for now.

Russ

I grew up in a labour voting family 3 generations long. When I first went to vote my mother said you have to vote labour. We are labour people. I followed her advice until I entered the real world of owning my own company. My nana would turn in her grave if she knew who I vote for now.

Russ

I grew up in a far right, conservative evangelical family, Then I got a face full of reality. 100-percent of my income for the last ten years has come from MY work. I could easily say everyone should be self sufficient, but there come times when things are out of our control. Cancer, been there, done that. Now the coronavirus.

I own my own company, too. I am sure in your view, I would be a liberal. I'm fine with that, because I've walked the walk, while a lot of conservatives just talk the talk.

CD

I grew up in a far right, conservative evangelical family, Then I got a face full of reality. 100-percent of my income for the last ten years has come from MY work. I could easily say everyone should be self sufficient, but there come times when things are out of our control. Cancer, been there, done that. Now the coronavirus.

I own my own company, too. I am sure in your view, I would be a liberal. I'm fine with that, because I've walked the walk, while a lot of conservatives just talk the talk.

CD

I get on with almost everybody, you'd have to be extreme for me not to get on with. We sound opposites? But I don't think we are. I will fight for the little guy btw. :)

Russ

My MIL is coming for dinner tonight so I bought this just for her.
47577089_493334704489383_3992484294214811648_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom