What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my curbside pickup went rather well. It was easy to place the order, and within five minutes of arriving and checking in through their app, they were bringing my groceries out.

Can't really complain about the produce and meat choices. The only strange thing was that I'd ordered a package of six chicken drumsticks. No drumsticks, and no attempt at a substitution, though they substituted for other items that were out. No note on the order except that it was marked "unfulfilled." 🤷🏻‍♂️

Swiss cheese
Soy sauce
Naan
Parmesan wedge
Eggs
Mixed nuts
Half & Half
Milk
Shortening
Sesame seeds
Butter
Brown sugar (why do you taste so good?!)
Yogurt
Ham lunchmeat
Diced ham
Salsa
Ribeye
Major Grey's chutney
Lettuce
Red bell pepper
Cucumber
Lime
Radishes
Red onion
Garlic
Carrots
Bananas
Strawberries

i did a Walmart curbside yesterday. I had ordered two 16 oz packages of bacon and they substituted 24 oz. I have had the same thing happen at Kroger. I feel like that kind of odd benefit offsets the odd happenstance of not getting something like your drumsticks. Here the curbside is free at both places with a $35 order. I like getting small orders so I've started picking them up as soon as my running tab ( I add things in the app as soon as I need them) reaches $35. I get a lot more fresh produce and a lot fewer large orders that don't really have everything I want.

My list for next few days. Thai chicken salad tomorrow night.

Russ

Just stocked uoon spome spices from a local Asian shop. Brown and black mustrd seeds, fenugeek powder, star anise, black cardamom, and popcorn :D. I was going to get some green cardamom but it was nearly £10. I can't remember it being that expensive!

Also got some mustard oil. (Labeled non-edible for UK law, but will be consumed.)

I was going to get some green cardamom but it was nearly £10. I can't remember it being that expensive!

Blimey! Was it an enormous packet? Morrisons have it for £2 for 50g in a packet or 95p for a jar.

Also got some mustard oil. (Labeled non-edible for UK law, but will be consumed.)

I use it quite a lot - lovely for fried eggs:

Lunchmeat (mainly for the dog)
Fresh mozzarella
Prosecco
Eggs
Half & Half
Buttermilk
Cream cheese
American cheese
Cheddar cheese
Dog food
Bulk breakfast sausage