What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, donuts, pastries and whoopie pies. That should fix that blood sugar problem. :whistling:

CD
Yeah, I tried to bargain for six months to my next appointment, to give myself time to ease into it, but she wasn't having it.

Oh well, all those whoopie pies are headed for the freezer.

Let's see, donuts, pastries and whoopie pies. That should fix that blood sugar problem. :whistling:

CD

I was about to say the same. I simply couldn't eat stuff like this. Maybe I'm lucky to have no such cravings. Once in a blue moon I'll eat a freshly made doughnut maybe. I'm trying to think of the last thing I ate containing sugar and honestly can't remember. Ah - it would have been a slice of fig tart. The tart was savoury with cheese but I think I used a layer of plum jam across the base.

Sorry - off topic. I'm currently awaiting delivery today of a few interesting items from the Japan Centre:

I'm puzzled by the 'consume within one day' Natto. As far as I'm aware it is a preserved fermented product so should have a long shelf life. Natto was a food listed by Mountain Cat in another thread as something she would never eat... which of course prompted me to order some. :D

I was about to say the same. I simply couldn't eat stuff like this. Maybe I'm lucky to have no such cravings. Once in a blue moon I'll eat a freshly made doughnut maybe. I'm trying to think of the last thing I ate containing sugar and honestly can't remember. Ah - it would have been a slice of fig tart. The tart was savoury with cheese but I think I used a layer of plum jam across the base.

Sorry - off topic. I'm currently awaiting delivery today of a few interesting items from the Japan Centre:

View attachment 45482

I'm puzzled by the 'consume within one day' Natto. As far as I'm aware it is a preserved fermented product so should have a long shelf life. Natto was a food listed by Mountain Cat in another thread as something she would never eat... which of course prompted me to order some. :D
I am intrigued by the Sichuan peppercorn oil. I love Sichuan pepper so I'm sure I could find a use for this. I thought Sichuan was in China though...

I am intrigued by the Sichuan peppercorn oil. I love Sichuan pepper so I'm sure I could find a use for this. I thought Sichuan was in China though...

They do Chinese produce as well at the Japan Centre.

The natto is one day date to eat. It came wrapped in huge mounts of ice packs and silver packaging. Oh my - it is odd...

Shopping day. Rice, lemon, canned tuna, soluble decaf coffee for my yogurts, gluten free bread flour, chili peppers, almonds, and three coconut products: coconut oil, grated coconut and coconut milk.
Image from iOS (130).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom