What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue raspberries?
I think this blurb from Wikipedia says it all (emphasis mine):

“Blue raspberry is a manufactured flavoring and food coloring for candy, snack foods, syrups, and soft drinks. The flavor and color do not derive from any species of raspberry.”

I think this blurb from Wikipedia says it all (emphasis mine):

“Blue raspberry is a manufactured flavoring and food coloring for candy, snack foods, syrups, and soft drinks. The flavor and color do not derive from any species of raspberry.”
Yep, I'll stay away. Raspberries are my favourite fruit by a long shot. But I don't think that will convert me!

Crikey thats only for 38grams. So percentage wise its over 35% sugar.

Stopped buying cereal as soon as I started reading the back of packaging. The boys got to choose a box of cereal in the holidays (Christmas, Easter and Summer) so just three times a year! Poor deprived poppets had to eat real food for breakfast 😆

Just a few things:

IMG_4760.jpeg
IMG_4761.jpeg

1. PIZZZZAAA.

2. Biscuits? Burgers?
Well, I do so little baking now that MrsT is on WW (flour is bad, bad, bad!), I hadn’t realized I was so low on it until I made that pizza dough night before last. I had to combine AP, bread, and white whole wheat flours to get the two cups I needed for the dough.

And yes, the White Lily, besides describing my skin tone, is use almost exclusively for (American) biscuits, pancakes, and waffles (and the occasional scone).

The ground beef (and that cheese, as a topping) will be for chili (con carne) I’m making later today.

Crikey thats only for 38grams. So percentage wise its over 35% sugar.

Stopped buying cereal as soon as I started reading the back of packaging. The boys got to choose a box of cereal in the holidays (Christmas, Easter and Summer) so just three times a year! Poor deprived poppets had to eat real food for breakfast 😆

Shredded wheat have no sugar added or salt. Cornflakes aren't too bad... and I don't think Grape nuts have added sugar. Its the chocolate and honey and such like aimed at kids, which are full of sugar.

Shredded wheat have no sugar added or salt. Cornflakes aren't too bad... and I don't think Grape nuts have added sugar. Its the chocolate and honey and such like aimed at kids, which are full of sugar.
Shredded wheat and weetabix are ok but to make them edible for a childs palate they want to add.. sugar 😆
So they didn't like either of them. "Tastes like cardboard"
Cornflakes are about 8% sugar which isn't bad but not great GI wise.
Generally milled cereal doesn't fair well on the glycaemic index. Oats are good. Unsurprisingly they didnt like those either! 😆

Shredded wheat and weetabix are ok but to make them edible for a childs palate they want to add.. sugar 😆
So they didn't like either of them. "Tastes like cardboard"
Cornflakes are about 8% sugar which isn't bad but not great GI wise.
Generally milled cereal doesn't fair well on the glycaemic index. Oats are good. Unsurprisingly they didnt like those either! 😆
It had to be supersweet and preferably chocolate flavored so they'd drink their milk. I bought bowls with built in straws that looked like this to make it more fun:
20230616_160855.jpg

Last edited:

Grape Nuts cereal does not have any sugar. That was my mom's favorite cereal. Shredded wheat has no sugar, salt... or flavor. :laugh:

CD

I was planning on going to the store and then it started raining so I changed my mind. I do need bananas for the groundhog. She had to make do with only peanut butter sandwiches today. Poor thing.

Sunday - Sydney Good Food & Wine Show.

Italian Prosecco
Aussie Red wine
Soju (Australian made!)
Spanish vermouth
Dried citrus garnishes (a gift)
Cognac liqueur
Canned margaritas- the jalapeño for me, coconut for daughter.
Margarita mix with rimming salt
Hemp miso
Macadamia miso
Salami & prosciutto (bargain!)
Blueberry yuzu jam for a friend
Truffled butter (x4)
ALL of the cheese - some of this was gifts 🥰
Pinot paste & sheep’s milk cheeses from Taz
Truffled hot sauce
Truffled aioli
Chicken stock - freebies.

260FD1D6-7312-4A43-A089-449D145CFC6B.jpeg

2507062D-0942-423F-A7AF-76B728493B6F.jpeg
93FD4284-F1E9-4105-A6D6-07E1A573369A.jpeg

A monster haul. So bloody heavy to drag home.
But so much fun.

We’ve another event this coming Saturday- it’s called MOULD FESTIVAL. Loads of cheese, cocktails & wine. Can’t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom