What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw it was in cryovac but that's a lot of meat and I know you have a vacuum sealer, so wasn't sure...

I generally leave pork butts whole, especially if they are bone in. I like to slow roast or smoke them whole. I can always freeze cooked portions after they are cooked. This one is not very big (I picked the smallest one they had), and will loose a good pound as fat renders.

CD

Quick stop at a local (though not that small) mom-and-pop shop:

IMG_4704.jpeg
IMG_4705.jpeg

That melon will be eaten today - very ripe.

Cracker Jacks are for MrsT (if she’ll eat them - 6 points a box) and the Moon Pie is for me.

I didn’t buy this (and I’m not going to), but I thought you’d all get a kick out of it

IMG_4730.jpeg

I don’t get the cooling effect it claims - you’re presumably already putting cold milk in it.

The ingredients state, among other things, that it contains calcium carbonate, maybe that’s it.
Scratch that, Google says it’s made with “sugar alcohols,” a type of carbohydrate that produces a mouth-cooling effect.

Scratch that, Google says it’s made with “sugar alcohols,” a type of carbohydrate that produces a mouth-cooling effect.
Ah. I was wondering, because the calcium supplement I used before switching to calcium citrate was calcium carbonate (also active ingredient in Tums) and I never noticed a cooling effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom