What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 4? :scratchhead:

CD
Game 5
IMG_4123.jpeg

Watched Manchester Utd vs Newcastle in the EFL Cup.
3-0 to Newcastle. So much for the Glazers, who are only interested in making money (and accruing debt) from the team. I bet they've never kicked a football in their lives.

It was a pretty good episode. Russell is back. Good story and a big Disney budget.
One thing both my wife and I commented on was that the storytelling improved about a thousand percent over the Moffat & Chibnall years. It was simple, direct, paced really well and tied up the plot quickly and succinctly at the end before moving on to the next bit.

We weren’t disappointed.

'Boat Story' on the BBC.
The jury is out on this one. I like its irreverent story telling format but it very much smacks of 'made for sale to America' with its clean clichés and light touch. Good enough to persevere with though.

I'm not quite sure how I should take that. :scratchhead:

CD
Oh well it's not a bad thing, it's just when you watch British drama you have an expectation of realistic grittiness, only a few episodes (4-6) and a definitive end to the story that's not necessarily a jolly one.

This is offering up those quirky British cliché characters and feels like it will trot towards a neat ending where everyone who deserves to live happily ever after does.

It does have some fairly violent scenes in it though.

It does have some fairly violent scenes in it though.
I can’t remember who, or even what movie it was for, but it was a British movie, not anything particularly famous or big budget, and in an interview, the interviewer asked the director (along with one of the leads) about re-cutting the film slightly for American audiences, and one of them laughed and said something like, “Yes, we had play up the violence and play down the sex.” :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom