What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are watching Grand Designs, I understand why people want a house totally unique to them but I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through so much stress and anguish not to mention the debt they get into.

The new seasons of the shows I watch haven’t started yet. Probably due to the strIke. Nothing but crap on TV. I may try to find something streeming on ROKU.

On Thursdays there is a series called Soldier which follows a group of youngsters who have signed up and watch then drop out 1 by 1, some are getting better, others are not.

On Thursdays there is a series called Soldier which follows a group of youngsters who have signed up and watch then drop out 1 by 1, some are getting better, others are not.
When I was going through USAF basic training, we had three people in my squadron “wash out.”

One owned up to being gay, which wasn’t allowed at the time, one failed a psych evaluation, and one just missed home and wanted to leave, which you can do, but they don’t really tell you that up front.

When I was going through USAF basic training, we had three people in my squadron “wash out.”

One owned up to being gay, which wasn’t allowed at the time, one failed a psych evaluation, and one just missed home and wanted to leave, which you can do, but they don’t really tell you that up front.
The thing is, those who are central to the show have come from low income backgrounds, limited job opportunities etc...so the strict routine is really difficult for a lot of them, not used to doing their own laundry, washing up after themselves and what have you, some are growing up pretty quick and doing well but it quite a culture shock for a few of them.

some are growing up pretty quick and doing well but it quite a culture shock for a few of them.
Some people really struggled with being yelled at, especially when the guy yelling was literally a centimeter from your face and saying the most vile things, just to provoke a reaction.

Me?…my thought process, “Hey, my old man yells worse than that, and he’d hit me a few times for good measure, so yell away, I can do this all day!”

When did you serve? I was in the USAF from 1987-1992. My home life was more volatile than basic training lol. Getting yelled at was no big deal.

Being in Texas in August sucked! it was to hot to do PT after 10 am. They got us up at 3 am for our workouts lol.

When did you serve? I was in the USAF from 1987-1992. My home life was more volatile than basic training lol. Getting yelled at was no big deal.
We overlapped a lot, I was in 1985-1996.

The saddest part about those three guys who washed out…they wanted to go home so badly, so they opted to leave early on - all three were out of the flight before the end of the second week.

At the end of the sixth week, the rest of us had graduated, and some of us had to wait a few days before our transfers to our various tech schools, so we got put into this limbo status, where we were basically a labor pool for cutting grass, watering plants, all manner of crappy base cleanup detail.

Who did we see there? Those same three guys! Yup, they were still waiting to be processed out to go home, and they were still there when I left a few days later, and I always figured the AF intentionally slow-walked that stuff, just to get some work out of them to make up for the air fare down and back and the food they ate! :laugh:

Oh, I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, NY, then Randolph AFB, TX, then RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Alconbury in the UK, then Dover AFB, DE (or as we used to say, “Delawhere?”). I went in as a 702X0 (squadron orderly room), then retrained as a 732X0 (with the shreadout for PSM).

Being in Texas in August sucked! it was to hot to do PT after 10 am. They got us up at 3 am for our workouts lol.

Pfffft. I've done 49 Augusts in Texas. Two of those Augusts I worked pipeline construction. You military guys are wimps.

CD :D

I was there in December/January for basic - it was hot, humid, and downpours of rain.

I'm "hooked" on Dopesick. The serie is absolutely chilling and revolting.

We overlapped a lot, I was in 1985-1996.

The saddest part about those three guys who washed out…they wanted to go home so badly, so they opted to leave early on - all three were out of the flight before the end of the second week.

At the end of the sixth week, the rest of us had graduated, and some of us had to wait a few days before our transfers to our various tech schools, so we got put into this limbo status, where we were basically a labor pool for cutting grass, watering plants, all manner of crappy base cleanup detail.

Who did we see there? Those same three guys! Yup, they were still waiting to be processed out to go home, and they were still there when I left a few days later, and I always figured the AF intentionally slow-walked that stuff, just to get some work out of them to make up for the air fare down and back and the food they ate! :laugh:

Oh, I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, NY, then Randolph AFB, TX, then RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Alconbury in the UK, then Dover AFB, DE (or as we used to say, “Delawhere?”). I went in as a 702X0 (squadron orderly room), then retrained as a 732X0 (with the shreadout for PSM).

I was stationed at both bases in N.D. I spent a year in Kunsan, South Korea. I went to Panama during the conflict in 88. Once you look at my assignments. You will understand why I got out after five years lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom