What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, the virus has spread to America!!! CNN.

View attachment 99687

CD
Hey, it’s all the rage here. We’re up, MrsT’s bestie is up (and that’s saying something, as she’s a very late riser), and two nieces (including one in California, so she had to get up at 2:30AM)!

I did not plan to watch the coronation . A night/morning of insomnia resulted in watching the coronation.
I do not get the entire monarchy thing. The coronation coming so soon after the Queen's funeral must have busted Great Britain's national budget .
The crown looked very heavy on Charle's head. He probably has a sore neck.
I have to give it to the Brits - you have pomp and circumstance nailed.
It was a great show.
I actually feel sorry for Charles. He had to wait a very long time for the crown .
William will not have to wait as long.
Question - will the Monarchy survive?
The crown is very heavy.
I have seen the crown jewels at The Tower of London, I would recommend it if you ever make it to London, they are absolutely stunning when you see them for real.

EB, you and I share that insomnia thing. I did not watch the coronation, but I was in and out of bed all night.

The monarchy will survive as long as the British chose to support it monetarily, IMO. It's only about $110 million in our dollars to the British taxpayer. They seem to think it is worth it.

CD

The crown is very heavy.
I have seen the crown jewels at The Tower of London, I would recommend it if you ever make it to London, they are absolutely stunning when you see them for real.
The crown weighs five pounds, I think.

I’ll second that on the Crown Jewels. I wasn’t even that keen to see them the first time we went to the Tower, but they’re jaw-dropping in person. I see them every time now, and am awed each visit.

The crown is very heavy.

I took a photo of them. Yes, I know that is forbidden, but I planned it out, and it was actually very easy. I was 17 years old when I did it.

Cd

Good to see we are taking this with the gravitas it deserves.

FB_IMG_1683375494054.jpg

According to unknown sources, the coronation will generate around £1 billion for the British economy. Can't see Diane Abbott, Keir Starmer or Rishi Sunak doing that.
True that it is a great advert for London, and with the weak pound it is hoped that this year will be a bumper tourist season.

We just watched the funniest movie, on Acorn, call Marvellous, from 2014.

It’s a heartwarming true story about a man with a learning disability who has the most unusual life - he just expects good things to happen to him…and they do. Everything just works out for him.

Forget the heartwarming part, though; the movie’s hilarious. I was laughing so hard I was crying, but I didn’t want to wipe my eyes because I was afraid I’d miss the next funny bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom