What will you be watching on TV tonight (2024)?

We just watched Poor Things, and holy crap, was that a fantastic movie! We loved it! Emma Stone deserved all the Oscars, and BAFTA’s, and BAFcars, and OscTA’s, and whatever else they give out! What a delightful and insightful film. Loved it!
I know this is old, but I have been wanting to see that. We don't have the proper channels to view it though. Maybe one day it will be on HBO or Showtime (we do have those).

I know this is old, but I have been wanting to see that. We don't have the proper channels to view it though. Maybe one day it will be on HBO or Showtime (we do have those).
We actually paid to watch it through iTunes. It surprised be that it was only $5.99, especially being an Oscar pick - most first-runs with any press at all seem to come in at $14.99 for the first few months, at least.

IMG_8043.jpeg

Not my usual cuppa…movie, but it co-stars one of my celebrity crushes, Fay Masterson, and the rumor is she even gets her kit off for a moment or two - me being the gentleman I am, I shall squinch up my eyes a bit, just to preserve the mystery and show her some respect. 😖

View attachment 112328

Not my usual cuppa…movie, but it co-stars one of my celebrity crushes, Fay Masterson, and the rumor is she even gets her kit off for a moment or two - me being the gentleman I am, I shall squinch up my eyes a bit, just to preserve the mystery and show her some respect. 😖
Well now if it's true, she gets a "kit" out of doing it in front of the camera and would expect her viewers to watch with eyes wide open!

Well now if it's true, she gets a "kit" out of doing it in front of the camera and would expect her viewers to watch with eyes wide open!
I think she’s just testing me, to see if I choose the path of honor. :laugh:

We just got home from the in-laws to say goodbye to auntie D. We've got Law and Order on right now. I forgot the Voice is on tonight!

IMG_8051.jpeg

This was a wild little movie, from 1970, Danish.

***Slight spoilers ahead***

First, from the little thumbnail, all I could really read plainly was “Daughter,” and I had it stuck in my head this was “To the Devil, a Daughter,” which is a movie I’m quite fond of, so I was all set to watch that.

Clicked it…this wasn’t that movie, but it was the perfect 1970’s Euro B-movie.

It’s got everything: sexually free-spirited mom, sexually frustrated daughter, implied attraction of latter to former, hash-smoking, overt racism, terribly hilarious gender stereotypes, girls getting with girls, motorcycle gangs beating up hop heads, nude women dancing with a snake…like I said, it’s got everything.

It’s my new choice for greatest movie ever made. :laugh:

There apparently is a Part 1 and Part 2, but they’re separate stories. I can’t wait to see those!

We are watching BBC 2, 60 years of music. Was hoping they would start at the beginning and work along to the end that way we can miss the last hour or so....no, they are random, the mute button is going to be busy this evening, already used once during Beyonce.

We watched Damsel on Netflix the other night - didn’t care much for that. Interesting plot, but very shoddily written.

We wrapped up The Fall of the House of Usher limited series on Netflix as well - we both give that top marks. Very creative and well-acted, and if you’re a Poe freak, lots of little Easter eggs scattered about.

Back
Top Bottom