What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not "will be watching" but just have watched. The pilot episode (2 parts) of "DCI Banks" set in my home town in Yorkshire. Has potential IMO.

I don't use cable TV anymore. If I want news, I use the net.

So, TV is reserved for movies. Today, it's an old British movie "Quatermass and The Pit."

Another old British Movie that I am going to dig up is an unusual Vampire movie "LifeForce."

After that, I think I'll do some musicals, Rogers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific." I have a combo box with "The Sound of Music", "State Fair", "Oklahoma", "The King and I", "Carousel" and "South Pacific." I don't usually go for musicals, but the Rogers and Hammerstein stuff is five star. I have a neat Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin musical called "Paint Your Wagon" that is also five star. Some musicals, include "The Wizard of Oz", are top notch.

I'll even watch a romance movie, every now and then. Consider, for example, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir."

I don't use cable TV anymore. If I want news, I use the net.

So, TV is reserved for movies. Today, it's an old British movie "Quatermass and The Pit."

Another old British Movie that I am going to dig up is an unusual Vampire movie "LifeForce."

After that, I think I'll do some musicals, Rogers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific." I have a combo box with "The Sound of Music", "State Fair", "Oklahoma", "The King and I", "Carousel" and "South Pacific." I don't usually go for musicals, but the Rogers and Hammerstein stuff is five star. I have a neat Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin musical called "Paint Your Wagon" that is also five star. Some musicals, include "The Wizard of Oz", are top notch.

I'll even watch a romance movie, every now and then. Consider, for example, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir."
Quatermass And The Pit is excellent, as is Lifeforce, highly underrated. I first read the book, which had the unfortunately campy name of "The Space Vampires."

Quatermass And The Pit is excellent, as is Lifeforce, highly underrated. I first read the book, which had the unfortunately campy name of "The Space Vampires."

How about "Reign of Terror" for a British movie of that similar genre?

Is that the old 1940's-1950's movie about the French Revolution, with Arlene Dahl or something else entirely?

I apologize. I got the title wrong. It's "Reign of Fire." It's about a group of British people holed up in castle and ravaged by flying fire-breathing dragons, which awoke from work on London subway extension and spread across Europe and then, the world. Their favorite lunch? People. The Brits are visited by an American Army unit on duty in England, complete with Tanks and an Attack Helicopter who prove that the Dragons can be killed. They fight their way into London to kill the only Male Dragon and exterminate the species.

Is that 1949 movie "Reign of Terror" any good?

I apologize. I got the title wrong. It's "Reign of Fire." It's about a group of British people holed up in castle and ravaged by flying fire-breathing dragons, which awoke from work on London subway extension and spread across Europe and then, the world. Their favorite lunch? People. The Brits are visited by an American Army unit on duty in England, complete with Tanks and an Attack Helicopter who prove that the Dragons can be killed. They fight their way into London to kill the only Male Dragon and exterminate the species.

Is that 1949 movie "Reign of Terror" any good?
No, I've never seen Reign Of Fire, it's too new for more. I'm up to about 1988 for most films. :laugh:

Reign Of Terror, I vaguely remember, and I don't think I cared for it that much, as 40's and 50's movies (except for some quirky sci-fi stuff) usually don't appeal to me. I probably watched it for the historical angle.

I will be watching my TV commercial, if I can catch it on TV. Otherwise, I will watch this link:

LifeLock TV Commercial, 'Testimonials 120 V2'

The above was filmed in November, in San Francisco. I think I talked about my identity theft-related issue somewhere on these forums.

Seriously, I’m watching other things, but this is pretty cool.

You Brits will know one of my faves, come dine with me, three couples host each other, the guy who does the comments is funny as hell. TastyReuben I'm sure you would love it. We have a weeks worth of viewing.
The good liar starts tonight on sky, I will tape it. Slap to myself, I just link it,lol. Who tapes.

Russ

I'm a fan of Scandinavian Crime Thrillers
There is a new one starting tonight, 21/11/20, on BBC 4 at 9-00 pm -- The Valhalla Murders

Yes - I've read all the books in sequence - currently reading the latest one. The series proved very popular and I've seen quite a few.

Considering that that is a recommendation, I have downloaded these Peter Robinson novels today:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom