What would you choose?

Going here today, as it will be our main meal of the day rather than lunch I will choose something substantial. A limited choice but that makes it easier to choose.

View attachment 109932View attachment 109933
I’d get the fish-and-chips and sticky toffee pudding.

MrsT would waffle between the ham, egg, and chips and bangers and mash, ultimately choose the ham, then try and cajole me into swapping out my chips for onion rings so she could have some of both…and the sticky toffee pudding.

Enjoy!

As today's sunday I'd go for the carvery. As a cook I reckon that usually their restaurant speciality is something like a carvery if they offer it on sundays only.

Note that it's something else than 'today's special' which is usually a word for fancy leftovers.

As much as I like a roast, a carvery doesn't tickle my fancy, looked and smelt good though better than other places we have been to.

IMG_7603.jpeg
IMG_7604.jpeg
IMG_7605.jpeg
IMG_7606.jpeg

IMG_7609.jpeg

That’s the restaurant, which I refer to as “upscale farm” - I don’t like it, it’s like a Disney version of a diner.

I was by far the oldest person in there - all the guys had on skinny sweats, crocs, tattoo sleeves, and man-buns, and all the women had pageboy haircuts, dark red lipstick lips, and Buddy Holly glasses. They all looked at me like I was a museum display of yesteryear come to life. :laugh:

The coffee, however, was excellent. I’d go back just for that.

IMG_7607.jpeg

Bump! Here is the menu from a real Mexican restaurant in Dallas. The owner is a really nice guy who is also a car nut -- drives new Ferraris.

View attachment 109537

View attachment 109538
View attachment 109539

View attachment 109540

I have photos of some of the food somewhere -- we did a story on this restaurant in one of the magazines I worked for.

Karedekoolaid, there is a killer cigar bar attached to the restaurant. I have photos of that, too. Very posh, and good cigars. You have to go outside of the restaurant to go to the cigar bar -- Texas law, apparently.

CD

Pollo Al Ajillo sounds good but no guacamole thankyou, really cannot get the taste for it. Kahlua chocolate cake sound rather indulgent, wouldn't normally choose chocolate cake but now and again...why not?

View attachment 110261

That’s the restaurant, which I refer to as “upscale farm” - I don’t like it, it’s like a Disney version of a diner.

I was by far the oldest person in there - all the guys had on skinny sweats, crocs, tattoo sleeves, and man-buns, and all the women had pageboy haircuts, dark red lipstick lips, and Buddy Holly glasses. They all looked at me like I was a museum display of yesteryear come to life. :laugh:

View attachment 110262

Looks a bit soul less but if their coffee is good....

I'm torn!
I'd like to have :
Apple Fritter French Toast, my 2 eggs poached in a separate side bowl, Bacon please
Lobster & Brie Omelette with the English Muffin & Grits
Shrimp Benny
Deep South Biscuit Sandwich
Oh, and can I have a side of house-made Sausage Patty
of course, I'd probably need four stomachs to eat maybe half of all of that!

To drink:
No coffee, had a cup at home before we left, just water and ---
no question - Strawberry St Germain Mimosa, 11 ounces please, a pitcher would be too much

View attachment 110261

View attachment 110262

Being British I was bought up on tea, only started trying coffee over the past few years but cannot get the taste for it, on saying that, last year we had decaff coffee in a restaurant and it tasted so good, if I knew what they served then would buy some.

Back
Top Bottom