What would you choose?

I wonder what "power greens" are.
Power greens are those greens that are at the top end on the nutrition scale. Here’s what Kroger sells:

IMG_7245.png

I don’t eat them.

I'd like to try the 'Beyond Burger'.
I wonder if they are the same as the 'Beyond Burger' burgers we get here? They are very well reviewed and I'm yet to try one.

I had one at a pricey burger restaurant here, and it was okay. I ate at the bar, and the bartender told me to go at least medium, better yet, medium well. It's a bit mushy medium rare. Like I said, it was okay, but I don't plan to have another one.

CD

I had one at a pricey burger restaurant here, and it was okay. I ate at the bar, and the bartender told me to go at least medium, better yet, medium well. It's a bit mushy medium rare. Like I said, it was okay, but I don't plan to have another one.

CD
I've have them in my basket ready for checkout the next time I use a certain delivery service.
I'll try one medium well and one well and see how they fare 👍

I'd go for the Salmon or the Mahi Mahi. I'd actually like a salad too, but why every one has to be plastered with some form of meat, I don't know. Just a plain, green salad will do me fine.

Bump! Here is the menu from a real Mexican restaurant in Dallas. The owner is a really nice guy who is also a car nut -- drives new Ferraris.

1706250584440.png

1706250599005.png

1706250610091.png

1706250623151.png

I have photos of some of the food somewhere -- we did a story on this restaurant in one of the magazines I worked for.

Karedekoolaid, there is a killer cigar bar attached to the restaurant. I have photos of that, too. Very posh, and good cigars. You have to go outside of the restaurant to go to the cigar bar -- Texas law, apparently.

CD

Last edited:
Going here today, as it will be our main meal of the day rather than lunch I will choose something substantial. A limited choice but that makes it easier to choose.

Screenshot_20240211-110437_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240211-110431_Drive.jpg

Going here today, as it will be our main meal of the day rather than lunch I will choose something substantial. A limited choice but that makes it easier to choose.

View attachment 109932View attachment 109933
As today's sunday I'd go for the carvery. As a cook I reckon that usually their restaurant speciality is something like a carvery if they offer it on sundays only.

Note that it's something else than 'today's special' which is usually a word for fancy leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom