Whatcha drinking (2023)?

Anyone familiar with this bottle

IMG_20231114_070728.jpg

Anyone familiar with this bottle
Yes, but the last bottle I had was over 10 years ago. It's a Speyside distillery, so it'll be smooth, fragrant, not smoky (like the Islay single malts) . The company is owned by J&B and it's got a royal warrant, so that means it's allowed into Buckingham Palace . good stuff - enjoy it!

FWP, I’m at the local tavern, ordered some food, and they’re notoriously fast, but I had the stupid idea of ordering their seasonal draft…which is a winter ale clocking it at 8.5% ABV.

Food’s up and I’m doing my best to neck it. It’s like drinking bitter syrup.

…but it’s still good.

Could really do with a cup o tea right now.
Well, as we all know, tea fixes everything. :wink:

I was watching some ‘60’s British gothic horror thingy a couple of weeks ago, and a young woman had been dreadfully accosted by a brute of a man - he’d had his way with her, as they liked to say in the movie.

When her husband got home just after it happened, found her distraught, disheveled, and disrobed, what’s the first thing he did:

“Cook! Cook! Bring my wife a cup of tea, immediately!”

Then, after a single sip, he said, “There, there…feeling better now, luv?”

Yeah, um…that was indeed a good cuppa, but no, not really.

Well, as we all know, tea fixes everything. :wink:

I was watching some ‘60’s British gothic horror thingy a couple of weeks ago, and a young woman had been dreadfully accosted by a brute of a man - he’d had his way with her, as they liked to say in the movie.

When her husband got home just after it happened, found her distraught, disheveled, and disrobed, what’s the first thing he did:

“Cook! Cook! Bring my wife a cup of tea, immediately!”

Then, after a single sip, he said, “There, there…feeling better now, luv?”

Yeah, um…that was indeed a good cuppa, but no, not really.

Of course she was feeling better, she’d had tea 😆

I‘ve maybe regaled you with the tale of the ‘De-escalation training’ we had to do every three years. Essentially it’s about how not to get attacked by patients. It was taken over by an American ex secret service guy, who liked to tell us every time how he used to guard the president.

Tbh if you work in an environment with injured and stressed people all the time you know very well how to diffuse a situation and how to stop it escalating in the first place so this really is a lesson in how to suck eggs but this guy thought he was the business and proceeded to mock us for offering tea in stressful situations by repeating “Would you like a cup of tea, cup of tea” in a girly high pitch voice.

He lost the room completely (medical staff tend to come from the more polite end of society) and then he was shredded for not understanding the importance involved in offering someone a cup of tea.

It’s so easy to miss the subtle cues of another culture isn’t it, sometimes we’re not even aware we have them until someone doesn‘t understand and you have to explain them. I look forward to my first and millionth faux pas when I make it to the states, I’m relying on you lot to give me the gen before I arrive and stick both feet in at the same time 😂

Back
Top Bottom