Whatcha drinking (2023)?

The Egg and the Jäge:

IMG_7031.jpeg

And this is how it all went down:

<7:45PM, mid-Invasion on Apple TV+>

Me: You want tea or nog with something in it?
Her: Tea. Well, I want the nog, but I’ve been pretty good today and we still have to eat the advent chocolates for yesterday and today, so tea.

<Makes, pours, drinks tea…9PM, watching some French Christmas show>

Me: Well, I still want nog, so I’m having some nog!
Her: You’re crap! 😡

<While I’m pouring my nog>

Her: Ok…I’ll have some nog, but only half what you’re having, and nothing in it.

<While I’m putting the nog and booze back>

Her: Ok…I’ll have the same as you - nog and medicine. Same amount.

<Takes first sip of egg-n-jäge>

Her: God, I could chug the whole bottle!
Me: The nog or the booze?
Her: YES!!!

The Egg and the Jäge:

View attachment 107947

And this is how it all went down:

<7:45PM, mid-Invasion on Apple TV+>

Me: You want tea or nog with something in it?
Her: Tea. Well, I want the nog, but I’ve been pretty good today and we still have to eat the advent chocolates for yesterday and today, so tea.

<Makes, pours, drinks tea…9PM, watching some French Christmas show>

Me: Well, I still want nog, so I’m having some nog!
Her: You’re crap! 😡

<While I’m pouring my nog>

Her: Ok…I’ll have some nog, but only half what you’re having, and nothing in it.

<While I’m putting the nog and booze back>

Her: Ok…I’ll have the same as you - nog and medicine. Same amount.

<Takes first sip of egg-n-jäge>

Her: God, I could chug the whole bottle!
Me: The nog or the booze?
Her: YES!!!

You left out the last step... driving the porcelain bus. "Jeager" is the sound you make when driving said bus.

CD

You left out the last step... driving the porcelain bus. "Jeager" is the sound you make when driving said bus.

CD
Jäge says right on the bottle it’s an herbal liqueur - that means it’s basically healthy and good for you. If it made you sick, you probably didn’t drink enough of it. :laugh:

When I first started working here, I impressed my coworkers by ordering a glass of it, as opposed to a shot. Everyone else ordered it as a celebratory shot, but I got about 5oz in a snifter, like a grown-up. :laugh:

Jäge says right on the bottle it’s an herbal liqueur - that means it’s basically healthy and good for you. If it made you sick, you probably didn’t drink enough of it. :laugh:

When I first started working here, I impressed my coworkers by ordering a glass of it, as opposed to a shot. Everyone else ordered it as a celebratory shot, but I got about 5oz in a snifter, like a grown-up. :laugh:

That stuff was a traditional ski-lodge after a day of skiing shot for my friends and me. We would meet up at the lodge, do a shot of Jeager, and then do some drinking to ease the aches and pains. :laugh:

I kept a plastic flask in a fanny pack full of something like cinnamon schnapps (with a few drops of tabasco) to take a swig while riding back up the mountain on the open chair-lifts. It get's cold sitting for 10 minutes, 20-30 feet in the air.

CD

I bought my mail carrier his annual bottle of Fireball (Cinnamon Whiskey) today. Now, I just need to catch him this week when he's in the neighborhood.

CD

MrsT’s blackberry sidecar from last night:

View attachment 108270

I had a standard old fashioned.

The Capital Grille has good bartenders, from my experience. I've been to a few when out of town, and had dinner at the bar. The bartenders were very knowledgeable, and very sociable. I was looking at the after dinner drink menu at one location, and the bartender recommended a vintage Porto that was the absolute best Porto I've ever had.

CD

Husband and I went out for a walk around the neighborhood earlier- it was a bit chilly, so I made a big pot of tea and had a couple of blueberry teas (amaretto, triple sec, and tea) afterwards.

I’m making chili for dinner, so we’ll have beer to go with that.

Great Lakes Christmas Ale, which is just about my favorite Christmas beer ever:

IMG_7118.jpeg

This is in a little village bar that’s so small, they don’t even have a sign up outside.

Back
Top Bottom