What's for Easter Dinner?

I was surprise when you buns called for the flour and water for the cross. I know it's usually some sweet stuff which I suppose is icing and I am happy without that sweet stuff. The bun is sweet enough for me. The weekend ended and I still did not try any. All I baked were some rock cakes not something many would consider for Easter baking. No surprise from me as I am not into these seasons.
Its never a sweet cross in UK recipes or in the supermarkets! Rock cakes are good.Hmm...wonder what I could do with a Rock Cake recipe....

Its never a sweet cross in UK recipes or in the supermarkets! Rock cakes are good.Hmm...wonder what I could do with a Rock Cake recipe....

I couldn't face another rock bun!

We make 2 batches of rock buns and substitute choc chips for the currants in the second batch.

Wish I'd had time to log in before cooking it! It's out of the oven resting atm. I rubbed it with a mixture made from garlic, lemon rind, rosemary and olive oil. I like the idea of cooking it on a bed of onions though. Next time. Miss K will be on gravy duty, she's well trained!
It was absolutely delicious!

Easter Sunday was a odd affair this year ,chocolate for breakfast as we give it up for lent ,I then cooked for 120 people then drove to my cousins for a four course dinner in a marquee with to much to drink and then crashed out in a hotel,was a long day

Back
Top Bottom