What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I wish we would get a few days of steady rain.

CD

You can have ours. We must have had 90 days virtually continuous.

No serious floods as yet but close.

I trimmed back one basil plant, eight cups of packed basil. Processed in some oil…all that filled one ice cube tray, and I’ve got two plants to go.

Water, water everywhere.

Toilets backing up, shower drains backing up - and at least another 10 days to look forward to.

If it wasn't for my wife's menagerie I'd consider booking in a hotel for a week.

I trimmed back one basil plant, eight cups of packed basil. Processed in some oil…all that filled one ice cube tray, and I’ve got two plants to go.

I like to take a cutting from a shop bought basil plant and putting it in to water growing another plant...keeps our guinea boy happy, he loves the stuff.

It didn't stop me having salsa for breakfast. In fact, I could hardly taste the salsa.

However, it did persuade me not to have char siu noodles after the snooker. I settled for prawn fried rice (with chillis in fish sauce as a garnish) and added butter fried freshwater prawns.

I "harvested" the first habanero fruit today.

I ate the smaller piece. Jeeze was it hot?

My eyes watered, my nose ran and I couldn't speak for 5 minutes. It was 15 minutes before my mouth felt normal again.

Considering that normal habaneros top out at 350,000 SHUs this one that I discovered today must be virtually poisonous!

The Mutant Pepper X

The Mutant Pepper X is a cultivar of capsicum chili pepper bred by Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina Reaper. Pepper X resulted from several cross breedings that produced an exceptionally high content of capsaicin in the locules of the pepper. The exceptional pungency of the chili was developed over 10 years of cultivation. The Mutant Pepper X is a capsicum chinense cultivar and has measured an average of 3,180,000 SHU's on the Scoville Scale.

Considering that normal habaneros top out at 350,000 SHUs this one that I discovered today must be virtually poisonous!

The Mutant Pepper X

The Mutant Pepper X is a cultivar of capsicum chili pepper bred by Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina Reaper. Pepper X resulted from several cross breedings that produced an exceptionally high content of capsaicin in the locules of the pepper. The exceptional pungency of the chili was developed over 10 years of cultivation. The Mutant Pepper X is a capsicum chinense cultivar and has measured an average of 3,180,000 SHU's on the Scoville Scale.

I have a hot sauce made with Pepper X. One drop on a cracker nearly killed me.

1663279226485.jpeg

BTW, Ed Currie also developed the Carolina Reaper chili. :pepper:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom