What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to plant. Finally.

The big question is, do I go to the garden center on the weekend.

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 6.55.25 PM.jpg

CD

No frosts here yet though.

Russ
I asked him if he'd liked at the tomatoes or potatoes. The answer was a definite no. His reason was sensible I guess. He's leaving the house in the dark (ish) and getting home in the dark (ish). The clocks change here tomorrow (6am becomes 5am) so he will be leaving in light, but getting home well after dark.
The potatoes won't hurt for missing water, they'll just die back and I can harvest them later from the dry soil. They'll store in the soil just fine but the tomatoes will be dead before long I guess. Oh well. Can't win them all. Just so long as the stuff on the veranda gets watered. I'll try to get him to do that tomorrow. They only need water once a week thankfully.

Habaneros or Scotch Bonnet? Yesssss!! You can freeze them quite happily if you´re going to make a hot sauce.
Scotch Bonnet, though they are losing their signature bonnet shape nowadays and look more like Habaneros. I still have a bunch in the freezer to try and make pepper jelly. Never did get around to perfecting that recipe.

I went to the garden center on Saturday, and the selection was not good. They didn't have basil or regular sage, and the other stuff I want were not looking very good.

CD

Still under snow..sewed some weed seeds, transplanted some basil and parsley plants, purchased some onions and potatoes yesterday..Just waiting..I have to have a big spruce cut and removed from the property, then build a garden shed before putting the garden in..It might be late this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom