Who doesn't like curry?

@caseydog our sharks here used in fish n chips here are elephant fish I believe, and it's real yummy.

A family member only eats fish curry. My son txt me Monday about the butter chicken I made and gave to him.he said it was up to shop quality. He said he'd pay for it.

Russ

A family member only eats fish curry.

I'm not one for fish curry, even prawn curry I'm reluctant to cook.

Chicken, pork, beef, turkey, mutton, lamb, goat and egg curry are my limit.

I wonder if I should try gammon curry?

Sorry, I can't see gammon curry working either. Actually thinking about it, I'm not sure any cured meat would work in a curry....cured meats tend to have a strong flavour and i'd have thought they'd compete with the curry spices rather than complement them.

I was being flippant!

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

We knew you were! I think we were having fun thinking about the (not very nice) possibilities of Gammon curry. And we are on topic!

I've come across corned beef curry elsewhere (meaning the UK style tinned corned beef). Can't say as I'd fancy that either.

I love curry and my dad specializes in making all kinds of curries like egg curry, beef curry, fish curry. These are also the specialty of our restaurant.

@Mountain Cat - it was all so petty - everything from what day we were having it to how we did the sign-up sheets to cleaning up. No matter how we adjusted things to accommodate one set of complainers, just like whack-a-mole, a new set of complainers would pop up next time.

The largest complaint, by far though, was the food. We had a lot of Indians in the office, and most of them were vegetarian, and if it looked like there were more vegetarian dishes than meat dishes (especially vegetarian main dishes), then look out, the complaints came fast and furious: "Why are we catering to them? They're in our country, they should be eating what we eat!"

That, and some of the Indian workers were temp, there for 10 days or so, living out of a hotel, and so we didn't expect them to cook anything and of course they were invited, and that wasn't well-received: "I checked the sign-up sheet, and I don't think that guy brought anything, but he's eating! Do something, TastyReuben!"

Even the meat dishes, unless they were good ol' Midwest-friendly things, didn't escape scrutiny. Anything "foreign" largely was left untouched by some of the locals, and they also complained about that.

Barely-disguised prejudice, AFAIC, so we stopped doing them altogether.

Dang. That's so sad. We didn't have temp workers like that (if they were temp they were there for the summer, or a school semester). I think being up front, which it seems you were - hey THESE 10-day temps don't have kitchens! would have sufficed with us. Please Enjoy sort of thing..

We had people from around the world, and there was plenty of vegetarian AND non-vegetarian food.

Personallly, I loved cooking for our pot lucks.

Personallly, I loved cooking for our pot lucks.
So did I. As is typical of office dos five people do all the work, and the other 295 complain.

I used to make two mains, one meat and one vegetarian, two sides, and a dessert and usually some kind of bread. I also liked doing not-so-typical things, both for folks in the local area and for our visitors.

One meal, I made some kind of chicken dish I found on the internet (and have since lost), and we had a new arrival from India, he didn't know anyone, but he asked around and found out I had made the chicken dish and congratulated me on making something just like his mom would make. Second-best cooking compliment I ever got.

Back
Top Bottom