Who Uses Bisquick to Bake With?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:43 PM
This is actually similar to self-rising flour. The levening agent(s) is already in it. I haven't used it yet, but I intend to. It can be used to make bisciuts, pancakes, muffins, shortbread, small cakes & quick breads. Don't remember our mom ever using it. But I thought that I'd give it a whirl to see how it does. it should work out fine. With it, you wouldn't have to worry if what you're making has enough leavening. It even has veggie oil, salt & sugar. Probably not enough to sweeten things. In that case, you probably have to add some of your own. But again, it should make baking easier for those who might like use it!! :whistling:

I even have a Bisquick cookbook! :whistling:

I've never used the cookbook, but I have been using Bisquick (and Jiffy) for decades, just not daily or even weekly. It makes pretty good pancakes, though not as good as regular pancake mix, IMO. It makes good biscuits and dumplings, though lately I have been using White Lily self-rising flour for that. I have used it (baking mixes) in the past to make banana bread and it works really well for that.

Last edited:
I haven’t used Bisquick in decades, it’s always tastes a little sweet to me, but it’s been so long, I could be wrong.

Take that back, I remember my dad dragging me up to go fishing in Minnesota, and he would cut the fish into bite size pieces and cover them with Bisquik then pan fry them. Pretty good.

Why is that? I got 2 big boxes of it, so I HAVE to use it! Got them from Amazon. 🤔

Bisquick is not available in the UK except as an expensive imported product. Its not really something I'd think to use even if it were available, as I have all the ingredients in it anyway. I can see it might be a good 'quick fix' ready mix though.

Back
Top Bottom