Who Uses Bisquick to Bake With?

I use it for drop biscuits that I doctor up with shredded cheese, garlic butter and/or seasonings. Also use it to make pancakes and also make drop biscuits with sprinkled with sugar to make strawberry shortcakes.

I don´t use any industrial product if I can make the stuff myself. I never buy pizza base, pancake mix, instant pastry... because I know I can make them at home for half the price and twice the flavour.

I normally don't do that either, but I've never used Bisquick before, & since I haven't, I thought that I'd try it for once. :whistling:

I don't think that I've ever heard of "Bisquick"; definitely not around these parts.

I remember a product called "Nesquik" but I cannot say that I ever tasted it.

I don't think that I've ever heard of "Bisquick"; definitely not around these parts.

Totally different thing.

CD

Nesquik is a chocolate flavored drink powder one mixes with milk. Haven't had it in about 50 years.

And twice the time!
I make pastry for pies, quiches, etc. in less than 10 minutes, pancake batter in five minutes, pizza dough in 5 minutes - not a boast, just to show it doesn´t take very long to make simple things which taste far superior to purchased items.
The other point is, I suppose, I´m never in a hurry!

I make pastry for pies, quiches, etc. in less than 10 minutes, pancake batter in five minutes, pizza dough in 5 minutes - not a boast, just to show it doesn´t take very long to make simple things which taste far superior to purchased items.
The other point is, I suppose, I´m never in a hurry!
Surely there's frozen pancakes that you just pop in the toaster, it is America after all, who has time to mix a batter. :D

You'd be somewhat clever to get my pancakes into a toaster (and out again).

I was being mostly tongue in cheek but in my neck of the woods your pancakes would be called crepes, which I like especially filled with some curry, like butter chicken. Now I want crepes lol.

Back
Top Bottom