Who Uses Bisquick to Bake With?

Ok, I promised to time my next pancake-making adventure, so I did. First, for reference, here’s my standard buttermilk pancake recipe:

Easy Buttermilk Pancakes

I followed it exactly, no doctoring, except that I made a half-recipe. I started the timer while standing at my work station, but nothing prepped, measured, or any tools positioned. I timed from that to completed batter resting in the jug (well, 4-cup measure, because it’s easy to pour from when cooking).

The final time, from start to finish was… drumroll …
11:46

I’ll probably make pancakes again next weekend, and I’ll see about buying a “complete” (just add water) mix and time that as well.

Oh, BTW, I’ve heard my whole cooking life that you can’t make pancakes (or eggs) is a SS skillet. I officially call bullsh!t on that. My normal pan for pancakes is cast iron. I used that last night for tacos, rinsed and wiped it out, but on heating this morning, it smelled a little taco-y, so I grabbed my SS pan, since I’ve always had very bad luck with pancakes and nonstick pans:

Don’t forget my motto: With (Enough) Fat, All Things Are Possible.

Ok, I promised to time my next pancake-making adventure, so I did. First, for reference, here’s my standard buttermilk pancake recipe:

Easy Buttermilk Pancakes

I followed it exactly, no doctoring, except that I made a half-recipe. I started the timer while standing at my work station, but nothing prepped, measured, or any tools positioned. I timed from that to completed batter resting in the jug (well, 4-cup measure, because it’s easy to pour from when cooking).

The final time, from start to finish was… drumroll …
11:46

I’ll probably make pancakes again next weekend, and I’ll see about buying a “complete” (just add water) mix and time that as well.

Oh, BTW, I’ve heard my whole cooking life that you can’t make pancakes (or eggs) is a SS skillet. I officially call bullsh!t on that. My normal pan for pancakes is cast iron. I used that last night for tacos, rinsed and wiped it out, but on heating this morning, it smelled a little taco-y, so I grabbed my SS pan, since I’ve always had very bad luck with pancakes and nonstick pans:

View attachment 83821

Don’t forget my motto: With (Enough) Fat, All Things Are Possible.

..and they look very good.

I've now got the ready-made mix - but it makes 12 pancakes. Since I'm only making 2 or 3 for my partner that is a bit problematic as I'll have to weigh and divide the packet and work out the fractions of other things needed to add. Sort of defeats the object of a ready mix!

I've now got the ready-made mix - but it makes 12 pancakes. Since I'm only making 2 or 3 for my partner that is a bit problematic as I'll have to weigh and divide the packet and work out the fractions of other things needed to add. Sort of defeats the object of a ready mix!
Thanks!

Well, if I were in your shoes (which I suppose I was about an hour or so ago), I’d make a half recipe, so six pancakes, and freeze the other three. They freeze very well and reheat easily. You can even reheat them in a toaster, though I prefer the oven.

Thanks!

Well, if I were in your shoes (which I suppose I was about an hour or so ago), I’d make a half recipe, so six pancakes, and freeze the other three. They freeze very well and reheat easily. You can even reheat them in a toaster, though I prefer the oven.

I'll do that then.

It's possible that those are smaller pancakes if you get 12 out of them. It seems like you could just look at the box total weight and cut that in fourths? Additionally, they do refrigerate and freeze well. Easy to reheat in the microwave. I have done that more than once. So you could make half the package and get 6 pancakes, serve him 3 today and 3 tomorrow (if you refrigerate) or freeze 3 for him for another day.

Edit: Yeah I didn't read through this page before replying, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom