Why did you join CookingBites? And, why did you stay?

How did you hear about CookingBites?

• From an internet search for food forums

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • From another food forum or social network

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • From a friend (in real life or online)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • From a link on another website or blog

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
ve been a moderator on forums and things could get real ugly real quick.
Some idiot(s) posting links to adult sites, arguments over sports teams that leads to threats against each other, a thread that defaults to “who knows the most”, that goes to personal attacks, spam, all kinds of shenanigans.

Don’t seem to have that here.

We do have a pretty water tight anti-spam system partly automated & partly moderated by staff. If members are abusive it gets jumped on right away by mods. I personally read every post and will spot things if they are seriously out of order and remove them, warn the poster etc. But it is very rare. If and when we get more active members it might mean we do attract some who cause trouble and it will be more difficult to police.

Im a newbie, joined just over a week ago, partly because I was after some advice and help on a dinner party im planning for a special occasion but also because I wanted to be able to chat, share and learn from people with real experience. I've never been on a forum before so this is all very new to me but I'm loving it and have found everyone very welcoming and friendly.

Im a newbie, joined just over a week ago, partly because I was after some advice and help on a dinner party im planning for a special occasion but also because I wanted to be able to chat, share and learn from people with real experience. I've never been on a forum before so this is all very new to me but I'm loving it and have found everyone very welcoming and friendly.

A lot of internet forums are rather impersonal - I find it hard to contribute much to other forums although I do belong to one or two. Here we do try hard to be a friendly place and to encourage support and interaction. I hope you stay! I'm really loving your contributions.

A lot of internet forums are rather impersonal - I find it hard to contribute much to other forums although I do belong to one or two. Here we do try hard to be a friendly place and to encourage support and interaction. I hope you stay! I'm really loving your contributions.

Thank you thats very kind, I am definitely staying. It's part of my daily routine now 😊

Back
Top Bottom