Will you sign up to Gordon Ramsay's Cooking Classes?

Much as I admire Ramsay I think this looks a bit of a gimmick. The practical skills mentioned could be better learned by enrolling in a local school and actually practicing for real instead of paying $90 to watch someone else do it on television.

Yes, exactly this. And a tad dissapointing too, I expect a little more for someone of his calibre.

I'm not a huge fan of e-learning. The biggest advantage of any kind of training is having a teacher to correct your mistakes. I'd rather watch Youtube videos than pay for this kind of course.

No.

I don't like his "scrambled" eggs, his grilled cheese, his Pad Thai == and I don't care WHO makes risotto, I don't care for that dish, quite apart from him. I would love to learn to make his beef Wellington, but I think a lot of other resources can help me out for free.

In the past (well before COVID) I have paid for a couple IN PERSON cooking classes. One for Indian, and the other for Greek. Those, especially being in person, were worth their costs. We got direct feedback as we worked, we could ask questions as we went along (without some sort of queue, as we were limited to around 12-15 people.) And we all got to eat our creations together at the end.

I would not. The profanity doesn't bother me, the one side of the family used it all the time. We were just taught when not to use it. Criticism was harsh, but usually constructive. Praise was hard earned. So personally I have no problem with the guy.

My problem is that going into that it is assumed you have basic pro skills I can't even separate an egg. I can't do that fast cutting.

The way I see it I do not have the prerequisites.

So yes, as you see I can humble myself, but I do not kneel to any god or government. (I remember a school in I think Florida where the principal required the students to kneel to him to be dismissed. If I was the Parent I would be down there with heavy artillery)

So little ole me is not ready to play with a big guy in the business. But I bet I can beat Ramsay in spaghetti and pizza.

T

Back
Top Bottom