Recipe Wisconsin Style Beer Cheese Dip

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
2:56 AM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
I tested this for the recipe as a semi-small personal batch. I’ll upscale for visiting with friends, or for having them in.

beer-cheese-dip-1-.jpg

I used sliced veggies for the dipping. Tortilla chips or potato chips can also work with this dip. Use what you / your guests would like!

I used a white cheddar. A yellow cheddar should provide a more vibrant color.

Source recipe used here: Beer Cheese Dip

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes.
Cook Time: Around 15 minutes. Or, less.
Rest Time: Not long, ideally serve warm.
Serves: It’s a dip, so who knows?
Cuisine: American.
Leftovers?: Yes, see below.

Wisconsin Beer Cheese Dip

INGREDIENTS:

• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature. Cube the cheese for easier melting.
  • 1/2 cup beer.
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and packed down.
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or ripped apart. Pack it down to some degree.
  • 1/2 teaspoon no-salt garlic powder.
  • 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, hot or mild.
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder.
  • 1/8 teaspoon each of Kosher salt and ground pepper. (Note: cheese already has lots of salt; you may be advised to taste before adding ANY!)

METHOD:
In a saucepan on your cooktop, turn heat to medium. Add the cream cheese, and allow it to melt, using a spatula or a wooden spoon. Then, add the beer slowly, with continual stirring, until the two ingredients are incorporated together.

Now, add the garlic powder, paprika and mustard. Stir further. Turn heat down and slowly add in the two other cheeses, with continual stirring. Stir until all cheeses are fully melted.

Taste and add salt and pepper as described above, or to taste. Allow to thicken somewhat over very low heat if needed – it will thicken more in the serving bowl as its temperature decreases.

Pour into that serving bowl and serve warm – with whatever you choose to use to dip into this.

Apparently, you can re-heat the leftover later on low, again on the cooktop, with continual stirring so that the cheese does not burn.

This was today's breakfast, I admit. I'll let you know how the leftover dip re-heats when I do that. This was an idea I FINALLY put into place based on posts with Tasty last fall. Probably should have made it sooner, but better late than never. I really liked it, and my tastes had me add another 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder - although I didn't change the amounts above, out of a niggling suspicion that my mustard powder was no longer at full potency.

That´s right up my street.
Any particular beer? I mean there´s a huge difference between a Coor´s Lite and a Delirium Tremens Belgian trappist beer:D
Actually, I imagine you could fiddle around with that element: an IPA, a Belgian white beer, a porter or a classic pilsner.

Back
Top Bottom