Would you adopt an Olive Tree?

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
7:34 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I sign up to a newsletter about sourdough and today it contained some information about olive oil and handling sourdough. But that was not the bit that got my attention. The part that got my attention was the part about the lady concerned (Vanessa Kimbell and her sourdough newsletter) having adopted an olive tree and getting oil from her tree delivered to her on a quarterly basis. Now I doubt for one minute that the quantity of oil directly relates to the cost of the subscription, but the thought occurred to me, what with all the adopt this that and the other, that I had never come across the adopt an olive tree option before and having travelled widely through the Mediterranean I know exactly how many millions of olive trees there are and how old they have to be to get a good harvest and what is involved in collecting the olives from the trees (and the hard work that it takes - it is a very time consuming and labour intensive harvest).

The information can be found here: https://pomora.com/producers.
Somewhat oddly, you can also foster an olive tree as well!

Sadly :cry: it seems that delivery is only (currently) available to people in the UK or USA which is a shame because I am leaving the UK soon (fingers crossed) otherwise I might have considered it.

Digging a touch further it seems that there are other providers of the same 'service' (not sure that is the correct word but...).

Last edited:
I live in Canada so it is not available to the people here but I do like the idea of it.

I sign up to a newsletter about sourdough and today it contained some information about olive oil and handling sourdough. But that was not the bit that got my attention. The part that got my attention was the part about the lady concerned (Vanessa Kimbell and her sourdough newsletter) having adopted an olive tree and getting oil from her tree delivered to her on a quarterly basis. Now I doubt for one minute that the quantity of oil directly relates to the cost of the subscription, but the thought occurred to me, what with all the adopt this that and the other, that I had never come across the adopt an olive tree option before and having travelled widely through the Mediterranean I know exactly how many millions of olive trees there are and how old they have to be to get a good harvest and what is involved in collecting the olives from the trees (and the hard work that it takes - it is a very time consuming and labour intensive harvest).

The information can be found here: https://pomora.com/producers.
Somewhat oddly, you can also foster an olive tree as well!

Sadly :cry: it seems that delivery is only (currently) available to people in the UK or USA which is a shame because I am leaving the UK soon (fingers crossed) otherwise I might have considered it.

Digging a touch further it seems that there are other providers of the same 'service' (not sure that is the correct word but...).
OMI Gosh, I have never heard of such a thing. I guess if you live long enough you hear it all. That seems like it would a nice gift for someone, their own olive tee. It is certainly a more practical gift than their own star. I guess that is something you need to consider for gifts for yourself or others. Where are you moving sat nav?

Where are you moving sat nav?
We are just waiting for our business visa to go through for moving to Australia (Canberra) as overseas workers, not emigrating.

I live in Canada so it is not available to the people here but I do like the idea of it.

one of them does ship to Canada as I mentioned. Nudo Adopt, the second one.

:speechless:I have some apple trees any one want to sponsor them ? Every year they will send you some apple juice and once a quarter you will get a letter and a picture from them
I've got a fantastic Kentish cherry tree in my garden which is crying out to be adopted. You will receive lovely blossom pictures in Spring and large punnet of cherries in the Summer. :laugh:

Hi,

This is Nudo Adopt just picking up on this conversation. The idea of Adopting an Olive Tree started with us 10 years ago (2005) to be precise, obviously along the way various similar offerings have sprung up, many mentioned earlier and featured on the Sour dough advertorial mentioned in the post. Google the book the Dolce Vita Diaries which documents in great detail the inception of the Nudo idea through to a functioning business.

We can reassure you though that Nudo Olive Oil is premium and tastes delicious. You will find various articles about the recent "fake olive oil" findings in the newspapers and online which warrants a higher than supermarket price for quality Oilive Oil. I can highly recommend adopting which is is a friendlier term for subscribing, but would obviously like to steer you towards the inventors of the idea - Nudo Adopt.

Can i also add we ship world-wide!

Last edited:
Can they be adopted in the Caribbean? I can't say I would be in a position to adopt one but would still be curious to know. I just read Nudo's post so my question has been answered. This is quite an eye opener- adopting an olive tree.

Can they be adopted in the Caribbean? I can't say I would be in a position to adopt one but would still be curious to know. I just read Nudo's post so my question has been answered. This is quite an eye opener- adopting an olive tree.
We ship to the Caribbean!

Pure Italian olive oil is so wonderful when you can get the real stuff! Our French olive oil is extra virgin and organic. We're very proud of it and of the fact that we give 50% of the profits from each bottle of oil to the One Family Orphanage in Haiti. If you haven't seen much French olive oil in the shops, it's because France produces less oil than the country consumes, so it's rare to see bottles exported. We ship worldwide and we are now the only farm (Les Pastras) in the world where you can adopt an olive tree, truffle oak and/or grape vine.

Back
Top Bottom