Would you be prepared to slaughter an animal for meat?

If you can access American Television shows, try "Northwoods Law" or "Lonestar Law". Due to reduced habitat, wildlife has to be managed in most states and hunting is considered a management tool! The Everglades region has suffered several drought situations that have threatened the region's deer population in the past. During drought conditions, "dry land" is created, allowing deer populations to explode. When normal water levels return, suitable habitat and food are no longer available. If the population level isn't sufficiently reduced, the herd will suffer disease and die off. In the early 20th century, the elimination of natural predators in the Kaibab Forest in AZ created a similar situation. Lessons learned as no counter measures were taken there either.

For those that dislike hunting, you should check out:
MDWFP - Pittman-Robertson Act

Most states require Hunter Safety education before getting your first hunting license. Although I haven't participated in teaching a class in years, I am a certified hunter safety instructor for the state of Florida.
Wonderful. Will look into that.
Goodness Gracious, situations I know little of...am keen to learn.
You sound very well informed and knowledgable.
Certified hunter safety instructor sounds impressive, fantastic!

I just posted a link of a great podcast, with a Game Warden, John Nores, in terviewed by former Navy Seal Mike Ritland. It is a long podcast, but I listened with awe to every second of it. And many more Mike Drop podcasts.

Looking very much forward to researching the resources you recommend.

Back
Top Bottom