Your most hated part of cooking

Would using a high stool in the kitchen help? I do that sometimes.
Yeah it's on the list for buying, but we've got to keep an eye on our spending given the current gas price crisis here. We're paying a premium atm so I will get one soonish, at least somewhere this year.

What is a French press? I'm pretty sure I don't have one.
Maybe you call it a coffee press or a press pot?

Photo from IKEA

What is it?
Peeling spuds... shopping for ingredients...doing dishes after... getting timings right... etc...

What post of the whole cooking process do you really not like?
For me it's the dishing out once its all cooked.
We have a small galley kitchen and it's a nightmare making room for the plates etc...
Id love a big kitchen.
I have a good sized kitchen, but I hate the plating part too. Mostly it's because my husband won't let me plate his food and he makes a mess every single time he puts food on the plate. And he hates it when I suggest he hold the plate close to (or even over) the pan to avoid slopping it all over the stove and/or countertops. Sigh. And he does it so slowly and piddles around with other stuff so his food is cold by the time he eats it. He always tells me to get my food first and if I wait for him to finish plating, my food is cold too, so most of the time these days I start eating without him.

I don’t mind cleaning and am happy to do it because I know I dirty more dishes than any normal person would and my wife is tired after a long day at the shop. But, she is never happy with the kitchen after I have cleaned it so I try and process the big stuff and fill the dishwasher so she will have less to do like cleaning the surfaces and sinks. She hates the way I do the sink. Lol..

Why won't he let you plate it?
I don't know, but it's aggravating. And I also have repeatedly told him to turn off the burner and don't leave the vinyl spoon in the pot on the stove or the crockpot (I have spoon rests next to the stove), but most of the time he still does it. Usually the burner is on the lowest setting so the food isn't burned, but often the edge of the spoon handle is starting to melt from leaning against the edge of the pot. If I don't remind him he will do it but he gets irritated with me when I remind him before I walk out of the kitchen.

Oh, and I was wondering why my baking sheets were getting all scratched up and how he managed to get crumbs all over the island and floor after I left the kitchen. I have been making garlic bread for our soup (we have been eating a lot of soup lately) and I walked back into the kitchen to grab something, and there he was with a serrated steak knife cutting his garlic bread into smaller pieces directly on the pan, even though I had left a cutting mat out on the island, and crumbs were shooting all over the place. I took a sharp knife and cut the rest of his bread up quickly, using the mat and not getting crumbs all over the place. I explained to him that my baking sheets were not meant for a base while cutting food, or else they would be called cutting/baking sheets, LOL. He didn't like that, either.

Back
Top Bottom