Your most hated part of cooking

Peloquin

Local time
9:07 AM
What is it?
Peeling spuds... shopping for ingredients...doing dishes after... getting timings right... etc...

What post of the whole cooking process do you really not like?
For me it's the dishing out once its all cooked.
We have a small galley kitchen and it's a nightmare making room for the plates etc...
Id love a big kitchen.

What is it?
Peeling spuds... shopping for ingredients...doing dishes after... getting timings right... etc...

What post of the whole cooking process do you really not like?
For me it's the dishing out once its all cooked.
We have a small galley kitchen and it's a nightmare making room for the plates etc...
Id love a big kitchen.
Chopping/mincing fresh herbs, especially thyme. The bigger stuff, like sage and even parsley, are fine, but I hate mincing thyme. Sadly, it's probably my favorite and most-used fresh herb! :laugh:

Definitely the washing up.

Agreed - but I rarely do any. I simply toss everything in the dishwasher.

I've got a small galley kitchen too. The only way I cope is to keep counters clear of gadgets and other clutter as far as possible.

Chopping/mincing fresh herbs, especially thyme

Don't quite understand that. I agree about parsley - it seems to go everywhere somehow and sticks to the knife, stains the board etc. But with thyme I simply pick the leaves - I don't see why you need to chop it. But if I have young thyme with non-woody stems then chopping it seems fairly OK. It doesn't really stick to things in the same way.

Cleaning up the kitchen after cooking is for sure the worst to me.

Prep doesn't bother me, even the tedious stuff like mincing herbs. I am a BIG believer in mise en place, so when prep is done, I feel confident for the cooking.

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have to pick one then it's doing dishes that don't go in the dishwasher.

I try to make sure I have very, very few of those! In fact I think I only have one - and that's a Staub cast iron dish. In fact its possible, I suppose that it could go in as its coated but as it cost me quite a lot I don't risk it.

And I don't like peeling a lot of stuff, standing bent over too long with a hernia is a recipe for pain. So I do cheat at times by buying pre cut and peeled vegetables when I am in a period of more pain.
Would using a high stool in the kitchen help? I do that sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom