Your other hobbies.

18 months away from home basically killed off the majority of my plants. My neighbour looked after them while we were gone, but obviously, he hadn't got the experience to manage them.

I hope you weren't hard on your neighbor. If you were my neighbor and asked me to look after your garden for 18 months, I'd laugh at you -- unless you had significant cash in your hand, and then I might think about it.

CD

I received a rock tumbler for xmas. I had been thinking of getting one for a few years now. Many years back I bought one for my daughter. We hunted for rocks and polished a few batches and the she lost interest. I didn’t. I enjoy the rock hounding. We’ve got a lot of trails, rivers and dirt roads around here so I am looking forward to getting on my bicycle for some exercise this summer. Right now everything is covered in snow. Here are a few that came with the polisher. They are only done the first stage..Three more to go..
IMG_4228.jpeg

I received a rock tumbler for xmas. I had been thinking of getting one for a few years now. Many years back I bought one for my daughter. We hunted for rocks and polished a few batches and the she lost interest. I didn’t. I enjoy the rock hounding. We’ve got a lot of trails, rivers and dirt roads around here so I am looking forward to getting on my bicycle for some exercise this summer. Right now everything is covered in snow. Here are a few that came with the polisher. They are only done the first stage..Three more to go..View attachment 108949
Lovely pastime.
Have you seen ‘Shrinking’?

No. I haven’t. Movie?
A tv series. Comedyish. Better than it looks, Harrison Ford is (as always) excellent in it.

Anyway there’s a character in that, that tumbles rocks called Liz. Her rock tumbling hobby comes up quite a few times.

It’s on Apple TV but if you’re not an apple slave I’m sure it’ll end up on other platforms eventually.

A tv series. Comedyish. Better than it looks, Harrison Ford is (as always) excellent in it.

Anyway there’s a character in that, that tumbles rocks called Liz. Her rock tumbling hobby comes up quite a few times.

It’s on Apple TV but if you’re not an apple slave I’m sure it’ll end up on other platforms eventually.
I’ll search for it. Thanks.

I received a rock tumbler for xmas. I had been thinking of getting one for a few years now. Many years back I bought one for my daughter. We hunted for rocks and polished a few batches and the she lost interest. I didn’t. I enjoy the rock hounding. We’ve got a lot of trails, rivers and dirt roads around here so I am looking forward to getting on my bicycle for some exercise this summer. Right now everything is covered in snow. Here are a few that came with the polisher. They are only done the first stage..Three more to go..View attachment 108949

Very pretty! Some of those look like they could be glass (the green ones). What do you do with them all though?

Very pretty! Some of those look like they could be glass (the green ones). What do you do with them all though?
I’m not sure what to do with them. My partner wants to use them in the many potted plants we have. I also have been looking at making a few pendants for fun gifts. My daughters will have to accept them so they don’t hurt my feelings. I may glue some to an empty soup can to make a pencil holder to replace the current one I have that is covered in macaroni. 🤣

The fun is in hunting for them and the anticipation of the transformation. And, it can get pretty technical now that I have started getting into it a bit.

Last edited:

I have two iMacs, a MacBook Pro, an iPad and an iPhone. :eek:

CD

Back
Top Bottom