Your other hobbies.

Some new bracelets I made.

Leo zodiac bracelet

Moon bracelet

Both are lovely, but I especially like the colors in the moon bracelet. Beautiful!
Yeah the Leo one is a bit flashy, but that's part of the sun sign if you're into that stuff. I'm not majorly in to bling myself, I also prefer the moon bracelet . But I love making these bracelets and try to zone in on the feeling I get surrounding a theme in order to make them. I've had three customers so far, so maybe it does eventually have small business potential. I try to cater to different tastes.

Those are beautiful, Windigo!

I am doing a lot of cross-stitch lately to keep myself occupied. I have a large project which is close to completion, but I took a break from that and stitched up this little one to give to some friends of mine for Christmas (they’re huge Star Wars nerds).

Those are beautiful, Windigo!

I am doing a lot of cross-stitch lately to keep myself occupied. I have a large project which is close to completion, but I took a break from that and stitched up this little one to give to some friends of mine for Christmas (they’re huge Star Wars nerds).View attachment 90860
Love this too 😍

I am doing a lot of cross-stitch lately to keep myself occupied. I have a large project which is close to completion, but I took a break from that and stitched up this little one to give to some friends of mine for Christmas (they’re huge Star Wars nerds).View attachment 90860
What kind of a stretcher frame do you have it on? I need to get back to the petit point project I have and that looks like something that would be good to use for it. I'm not using anything now, but really should.

ETA I'm guessing it's a Qsnap or something similar? Went looking around and found that. I'm using silk gauze, which is much thinner than cross stitch fabric. Do you think it would still work?

Here's a picture, not sure if it's helpful in giving you an idea on the fabric or not. Using single strand embroidery thread.

Last edited:
You’re correct medtran, it’s a Qsnap. I just got it recently and find I do prefer it to a hoop - I find it a bit easier to put tension on the fabric and keep it even in a snap vs a hoop.

No idea how it would work on a thinner fabric. The plastic does snap together with a bit of force, so I’d be worried about damaging the fabric if it’s delicate.

Despite the name, silk gauze is very sturdy. Don't know if I edited my post in time for you to see picture or not. You have to keep the embroidery thread fairly short because it frays fairly quickly being pulled through the holes. I was just wondering because of the thinness of the fabric and also since it is a bit slippery since it is silk, though I guess I could extend the edges with painter's tape and it would probably hold.

My hobby since early March this year has been regular correspondence with Her Majesty's Passport Office (I guess that should now be "His Majesty's") in an effort to get them to issue a replacement passport to replace their incorrectly issued passport. They spelt my name wrong and it was my seventh passport.

Back
Top Bottom