Your other hobbies.

I've been working on bits and pieces of my Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them suitcase, but nothing is done enough for a picture yet. Hopefully, the Thunderbird corral will get done this weekend though.

I also decided to start working on my petit point again. The picture is the start of a rug that will be about 6-1/8 × 8-1/2 inches when done.

I've also got a finished piece that is rolled up in damp towels now so it will soften and I can pin it to a board to block it so it will be "square". That piece is about 6-3/4 × 5-1/4 inches. I'll post a picture of it when I get it pinned later today.

Just for reference, the silk gauze being used as a canvas has 42 holes/stitches per linear inch, i.e. 1764 holes/stitches per square inch. So, that means the finished piece has 62,511stitches.

One room done in the Newt Scamander suitcase! Well, except for the curtain, rod and holders. I'm saving the printable fabric for last so I can hopefully print all 3 curtains on 1 sheet. That stuff is expensive.

Presenting the Thunderbird habitat.

Obscuris room next. It has a frozen lake started.

Last edited:
I have way too many hobbies! I really enjoy picking up new hobbies and learning new things.

I’m a lifelong equestrian (currently doing a bit of dressage and a bit of jumping). I also cycle a fair bit for exercise - I commuted by bike for 13 years and really miss it, so I try to ride when I can.

My two crafting hobbies are knitting and cross stitch. I’m currently working on a cross stitch stocking for my friend’s daughter.

I also love playing video games and watching NFL football. I’m a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan.

I have way too many hobbies! I really enjoy picking up new hobbies and learning new things.

I’m a lifelong equestrian (currently doing a bit of dressage and a bit of jumping). I also cycle a fair bit for exercise - I commuted by bike for 13 years and really miss it, so I try to ride when I can.

My two crafting hobbies are knitting and cross stitch. I’m currently working on a cross stitch stocking for my friend’s daughter.

I also love playing video games and watching NFL football. I’m a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan.
I owned, trained, and showed horses as a teenager. I miss it. I did a lot of three day eventing. It's a rather expensive hobby but it was so wonderful. After I became an adult I couldn't afford to take care of my horses and had to sell them, terribly sad.

I owned, trained, and showed horses as a teenager. I miss it. I did a lot of three day eventing. It's a rather expensive hobby but it was so wonderful. After I became an adult I couldn't afford to take care of my horses and had to sell them, terribly sad.
I studied bloodlines and bred with the help of my own tesio programs. I had 5 broodmares and bred some nice horses. I bred a horse that won a group 1 race.

Russ

I studied bloodlines and bred with the help of my own tesio programs. I had 5 broodmares and bred some nice horses. I bred a horse that won a group 1 race.

Russ
Standarbred harness, yes?

I turned a hobby into a career, both commercially and recreationally, which branched out into another career. Diving. Started out as a recreational hobby, then I took commercial diving in college, earning an Associates Degree, did't offer a Bachelor's degree. Did a little work in the Gulf of Mexico commercial oil industry out of Louisiana, did some "salvage" work then became a recreational scuba instructor and dive boat captain. Then onto dive compressor repair, building toys for rich people (for 70 + meter yacht diving programs), now selling filters and filtration for dive filling systems in dive stores, dive resorts, yachts and fire station compressor systems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom