Your personal peaceful corner

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:08 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
A moment of respite, a corner of peace and quiet, a place of your own to take refuge before the day begins or after a particularly tiring day. Something that gives you relief, that helps you to reflect, sometimes to make decisions or even just because you like it.

A church, a street, a library, a panorama or a physical corner of your own home where you can enjoy an armchair and a book, listen to music or a moment of relax that we indulge outside like going for a massage, a hairdresser or a daily ritual that gives security, a charge. Or simply take a walk with your dog. And of course, cooking too.

Mine is a daily ritual that usually starts very early in the morning: sipping my coffee on the terrace, sitting on a chair that squeaks a little and look at the countryside in front of me that is always the same but also always different, thinking about what the day will be like and then come back in the evening and think how the day was. My peaceful corner.

What is yours?

For the most part, I don't have one. Nearly every minute of my day is someone harassing me for something. When I do manage to sneak off by myself, it's not long before I'm tracked down :(

The closest would be similar to yours - the hour or so I have in the morning before MrsTasty gets up, although my dog does occupy a good bit of that time with her own neediness; putting her outside, feeding her, meds, putting her outside again, etc.

Used to be, grocery shopping was my little alone time break, but not anymore. 😷

Plenty of places at my joint, I sometimes just go and lie flat on the double bed downstairs on a warm day and watch people going past, or go and sit on a seat in the garden. It's very peaceful out there.
I get plenty of me time,my wife works full time. I'm spending the day later paying bills then picking my mate up and going to the pub. We will be gambling. My wife goes away for the odd weekend with her friends. Her time.

Russ

It used to be in my car when I was driving country routes for various work projects out of town. These days it's that time in bed after hubby gets up to go make his coffee. He shuts the bedroom door and most of the time is quiet in the kitchen while I just lie in bed and relax.

It used to be in my car when I was driving country routes for various work projects out of town. These days it's that time in bed after hubby gets up to go make his coffee. He shuts the bedroom door and most of the time is quiet in the kitchen while I just lie in bed and relax.

I get the same when my wife goes downstairs at 7.30.am During the week . Lie in bed or play on my phone.i don't get time in the weekend,I have to get up first and cook her bacon eggs. And hot chocolate. :)

Russ

I sold mine thankfully before Covid, my wife is the realist. I could just about handle her (the boat not my wife ) . We are looking for a small cruiser. Now we sit on the balcony watching the sea. In twenty years of marriage I can count on my hands the number of times we have been separated.

I used to "get away" by going to the lake on a weekday afternoon with my SeaDoo. I had almost the entire lake to myself, so the water was pretty smooth, so I could open it up and just cruise around 60MPH across the lake. The hum of the Rotax engine and the sound of passing wind and water blocked out all other sounds.

My last boat was a close second. It was only 19-feet, so I could lunch it from a boat ramp by myself. It would do 70MPH on fairly smooth water. I had the hum of two Rotax engines to serenade me.

Now, I guess it would be my bed. Kick my shoes off, and lay down for a while and daydream.

CD

Mate I have always known boats are a sinking a sinking fund. My first BIL (great mate ) and I bought one together after a successful deal in 1971. We parked her in a deep water mooring in Deganwy Conway. She had twin 165 Volvo Penta's. Petrol was cheap. !973 oil crisis !!!
I LOVE BOATS!

Back
Top Bottom