Your Photos

Some more Cincy photos while walking around today:

This is titled "The Cincinnati Strongman"
F5C32A49-0966-4EE4-AE88-8B5316C254D9.jpeg

This one is "Energy And Grace"
BAFE24A5-09CB-4AA1-BB87-386A898D2178.jpeg

And this is a view buildings in Over-The-Rhine (OTR):
A2E68EA6-FEAE-45BB-AC78-9799882F4789.jpeg

What a fascinating place Cincinnati is. Does anywhere else in America have murals like this?
Yeah, sure, but I like to think for our size, we have as many as anybody. We've got about 75 and several in the works. Some are political, some are historical, and some are whimsical or just artsy.

I haven't scratched the surface yet. :)

I'm sure Cincy is not unique in its quirkiness - it's just that it's a small city that's not that well known outside the local area, so it's fun to promote it a bit.

For example, we're a hilly city, so there's a whole history around publicly-maintained city staircases that I find absolutely fascinating.

I also wanted to mention the Cincy strongman mural - the man that commemorates was quite the character.

Named the world's strongest man in his time, but also a gentle giant. He once stopped a robbery by picking up three of the burglars, then using them to knock out the other three, but after they were arrested, he refused to press charges, because he took pity on them.

I also wanted to mention the Cincy strongman mural - the man that commemorates was quite the character.

Named the world's strongest man in his time, but also a gentle giant. He once stopped a robbery by picking up three of the burglars, then using them to knock out the other three, but after they were arrested, he refused to press charges, because he took pity on them.

Looked at that mural again - Henry does look a bit of a softie.

Here's a picture of a grasshopper my 9 year old caught at our alligator reserve. This thing was huge! My daughter thought it would be funny to pretend and toss it at me after taking the photo.:hyper:
She almost ended up walking home.
FB_IMG_1566462827031.jpg

I snapped this little one yesterday by my office.

I do work in a not-so-nice part of town, and as you can see, the left back wing is missing. I figure they've gotten in a scrape with some local toughs, maybe some ne'er-do-well moths up to no good, or something like that. :)
8D4571AD-22D6-4BF2-ACB6-A56119603050.jpeg

Last edited:
Some more Cincy pics:

This is another building and church in Over-The-Rhine. You can also see the streetcar tracks and wires overhead. That was added just a few years ago.

OTR also has one of the best preserved collections of Italianate architecture anywhere, and there are frequent film crews in town shooting movie scenes, using OTR as a backdrop for city scenes from 150 years ago.
05E191F7-3754-4B0E-9282-127F015E31ED.jpeg

I like the vibe this mural gives off:
503C11D7-53B6-49D1-A06C-C10A044BA6F6.jpeg

And even though we currently have about 75 murals, we're still putting up new ones. This is one of three in the works that I know of:
C8B5E437-0E1A-4618-A3B2-52F33DFD71AD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom