Your Photos

Across the street from the apartment I lived in a few years ago.

okay. this is the Ulm Muenster church/cathedral/insert name here....
highest church spire for like mucho centuries.... record pending completion of .....
lived just across the alley from the nave. yes, those big bells will wake you up....
it's fuzzy, I was learning ...

from the top:

btw, Ulm - birthplace of the rather well known Albert Einstein.
regrets,,, it didn't rub off on me.

I once took a friend who had never flown in a small airplane before on a trip from San Jose, California's Reid Hillview Airport out to the Air Force Aviation Museum in Merced. Along the way, there were towering cumulus clouds line up along the mountains separating the valley near Hollister and the larger San Joaquin Valley. We flew across near the Pacheco Pass and those towering clouds were full of updrafts and downdrafts between them. We were in clear air, but seemed to be tossed up and down as we went. For the friend who had never flown before, I can only imagine what was going through his head.

We made it to the destination, landed in an enormous expanse of runway that was normally used for KC-130 refueling aircraft, taxied to the tie downs and spent the day checking out the collection of historical jets at the museum. It was a great trip. The towering cumulus clouds were gone on the return trip. They gave the whole trip a blast of excitement to the whole adventure.

I once took a friend who had never flown in a small airplane before on a trip from San Jose, California's Reid Hillview Airport out to the Air Force Aviation Museum in Merced. Along the way, there were towering cumulus clouds line up along the mountains separating the valley near Hollister and the larger San Joaquin Valley. We flew across near the Pacheco Pass and those towering clouds were full of updrafts and downdrafts between them. We were in clear air, but seemed to be tossed up and down as we went. For the friend who had never flown before, I can only imagine what was going through his head.

We made it to the destination, landed in an enormous expanse of runway that was normally used for KC-130 refueling aircraft, taxied to the tie downs and spent the day checking out the collection of historical jets at the museum. It was a great trip. The towering cumulus clouds were gone on the return trip. They gave the whole trip a blast of excitement to the whole adventure.

Very nice. Reading this story reminded me of a similar one I had when I flew on a Stinson with my FIL years ago (he is an Alitalia pilot now retired).
I had never flown on a little airplane thus I was both worried and excited by the idea. We flew across the sea (we were in a little aviation centre near Civitavecchia, Lazio) and Ostia Antica looking at the ancient ruins and saying hello to sailors. I’m still shivering by the memory, such a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom