Your Photos

Found a big hole in the ground.

View attachment 66257

My family roots are in central Minnesota and northern Minnesota is home to what was one of the largest open pit mines in the world, for iron ore. There are other notable open pit mines in the world, particularly in Chile.

The world's record largest open pit is the Bingham Canyon copper mine near salt Lake City, Utah.

Here are the five largest open pit mines in the world.

Had a walk by the sea this morning. No swim as it was windy or I would have ended up in Sicily :laugh:

Ah - the scallop. A little info for those interested:

The Scallop sits on the beach at Aldeburgh, in Suffolk. It is a 13 foot-ish (4 metre) high monument, by local-born artist Maggi Hambling, to the late Benjamin Britten, composer and past Aldeburgh resident, who used to take his afternoon walks along the beach. The sculpture consists of two, broken, interlocking scallop shells. Cut into the rim of the upright shell are the words “I hear those voices that will not be drowned” from Britten’s opera Peter Grimes. The Scallop was installed in 2003. It is rumoured to have cost around £75,000 and was paid for by donations, largely due to the fund-raising efforts of the Chairman of Adnams plc (who brew rather fine ales).
The Scallop - A Bit About Britain

Geese can be pretty mean.

CD
Most greyhounds don't like rain but he doesn't like puddles, ponds or lakes either. Creatures that bob around on the water are a definite no-no. He did make a complete liar of me once when we were walking with 100 other hounds. It was a hot day so they all dashed into a large pond and he followed them. He didn't realise where he was for a few minutes :roflmao: It's the only time he's ever done it.

Most greyhounds don't like rain but he doesn't like puddles, ponds or lakes either. Creatures that bob around on the water are a definite no-no. He did make a complete liar of me once when we were walking with 100 other hounds. It was a hot day so they all dashed into a large pond and he followed them. He didn't realise where he was for a few minutes :roflmao: It's the only time he's ever done it.

I used to have a dog that loved riding in my boat (she also love riding in my cars). But, she didn't like going into the water. She was with me and a few friends, and we anchored near a place called Pine Island, which was a good place for swimming. I dove in, and she forgot who she was, and dove in after me. She could swim just fine. She just didn't like it.

CD

Back
Top Bottom